iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Help with movie title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with movie title
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the movie came out in the 70's...

It was about this white girl whose mother was black and she was ashamed of her...and later on in life she either married into the rich family or she just had a nice life...and later on, her mother died..and on her burial day...she ran after the carriage that was carrying her mother's coffin to the cemetery.....

Please help...

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the old movie where the maid worked for a wealthy white family, when the maid got pregnant and her child looked white so the white couple raised her as her own as the 2 women were good friends. When she found out who her real mother was she hated her and got made of etc, this was quite an old movie though maybe even late 60's? or is it a different one

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it's the same one...sorry about the description I was so young then, probably 5 yrs old. My dad had a movie theater, and it's the movie that he made us watch, when we're disobedient..to show the meaning of life...It was the first movie that made me cry...

Do you know the title..?

Thank you for your input..

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the movie is called "imitation of life" (1959) starring lana turner and sandra dee.

good movie, but sad as well.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
1959?! So I must have seen it 15+ years later....
Thanks, Ronnie

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome [Cool]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home