iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bob and Doug McKenzie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bob and Doug McKenzie
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else love them too? I loved their album the Great White North, and their 12 days of Christmas song. Strange Brew was hilarious. Did anyone see the previews for the movie Brother Bear, the only thing about it that looks cool- are the 2 moose- they are doing Bob and Doug McKenzie- does anyone know if that is really Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas? EEH? Like Take off you hosers. I thought that was awesome. But, kids won't have a clue who they are- except mine of course- because I had a friend make a CD from the album, and we still listen to it all the time.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only found out who they were earlier this year eh when I picked up the Strange Brew VHS because it's an 80s film I'd never seen or heard of before, loved it! so I went and got the DVD too [Smile]
Did you know there's going to be an SCTV DVD box set release next year, eh? - http://tinyurl.com/jm68

Wonder if they'll release the Bob & Doug McKenzie cartoon on DVD too...

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on MiniDisc. Yes, I did say MiniDisc!
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Strange Brew a few nights ago for the first time, and I thought it was great. Kinda falls in the "so stupid its brilliant" category. I'd defanetly buy the McKenzie Bros. cartoon on DVD if it was released [Smile]

As for Brother Bear, I've seen the previews on Disney Channel, and I'm almost positive that's Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas as the moose. Especially Rick, it sounds EXACTLY like his character from Strange Brew. Yeah, kids probably don't get the in-joke, but its defanetly a plus for fans of the McKenzie Bros. [Big Grin]

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love them!

I even have the action figures! Yes, they made Strange Brew action figures!

I think I was the only person in the audience at "Nemo" when they did the preview for "Brother Bear" totally freakin' out. I looked at my 2 year old and said "cool! Bob and Doug!" like he had a clue..

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite part of Strange Brew is when they make the movie at the beginining of the movie, where Bob is alone on a rock- in an adult diaper- and like the only person left on the planet-and Doug comes up to him, in his alien suit, and Bob asks if he's friendly, and he says "no way, yeeh?
I love them.

Take Off to the Great White North! Take Off it's a beauty way to go!

They should have done more movies!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take off you hosers.
Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who wants a jelly donut?
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I just checked the IMDB, and, yes indeed, Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas are playing those two moose you see in the Brother Bear previews [Smile] I saw them on the cast list, and also came across this bit of info:

From the Internet Movie Database:

The Elk characters, Tuke and Rutt, played by Rick Moranis and 'Dave Thomas' respectively, are essentially animal versions of their most famous roles as the goofy Canadians, Bob and Doug McKenzie of SCTV fame.

Beauty, eh? [Cool]

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's so cool, because if they had other people doing their voices, I think I would throw things at the screen, haha, and yell: take off you hosers! Your not those guys!

That is neat, maybe they will make a comeback then as their alter egos??

[ 10. July 2008, 06:12: Message edited by: ISIS ]

kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Strange Brew over the weekend. Still funny some 23+ years later.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very much so. Probably the best gag's Bob drinking his way out of the brewing machine peril--drinking quite a bit more than he should have (also quite creative how they get him back to normal).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob.

Towel off you knobs... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nada
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3045

- posted      Profile for Nada   Email Nada   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! Strange Brew rawks! I love Bob and Doug`s alien movie at the beginning when Bob is on camera all hungover with his hockey helmet on and ya hear Doug from offcamera go ``Pssst! Act! Act!``. And then when the flying van goes to land in a field and it cuts to the van being lowered on a lift in a garage, then back to the open field... It`s so campy, it`s funny! And Doug`s sack of oranges on his head for an alien costume! LOL! I totally have to watch this movie now! [Big Grin]
Posts: 51 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home