iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's looks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's looks
Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone,

how did you dress in the 80's, especially when you were in high school?

I knew that bandana, off-shoulder shirt, beaded earrings, feather-shoulder length hair and cut-off jeans were in then...

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 7th grade, I remember wearing the Nike cortez style sneakers- which are now back in style and you can get them at www.finishline.com they come in all colors. The baggy bibs, the chinese shoes-and the chinese quilted jackets. Designer Jeans were it- Calvin Klein, Gloria Vanderbuilt, Sergio Valente, Sassoon, Jordache, Zena and Chic. The Dr. Sholls sandals were it. Candies shoes were cool. Saddle shoes and clogs were the style. In 9th grade- it was the ruffled shirts, Hunt Club polo shirts, cordory pants, and the western look, cowboy boots, and denim jean skirts-and metal belts. Belts were always a huge fashion accessory. Through 10th-12th, the ripped sweat shirts, hair accessories- especially the banana clips- matching earrings. Legwarmers were back in the earlier 80's, and the matching mini skirts. Denim mini skirts were in the later 80's./ The ruffled ankle socks, with high heeled shoes. Pink high heels and jeans were cool. I wore dresses to school alot- the shirt dresses, that had a big piece of material for a belt, I had a black one with a red belt, and I had a black Indiana Jones style hat to wear with it. I wore denim boots, with my jean jacket, and wore a jean blazer-which I loved. In the late 80's and out of high school, I wore this black spandex jump suit thing, and had a pink satin and a turquoise satin blazer-I wore over top of it, and wore black high heeled boots with it. I had denim high heeled shoes with sequins on them, and I had those shirts that looked like peasant shirts, I wore with a denim shirt. Army green was a cool color. I had a salior outfit- that had a matching mini skirt-I loved that outfit. I never see girls dressed nice ever. I always wore a key earring-like Janet Jackson, and had a perm in my hair and had to have my denim Lee jacket on to be cool. Izod shirts were cool. I remember hush puppy sweaters, and Angora sweaters were what everyone wanted for Christmas. Pin striped jeans, baggy jeans, carpenter jeans, and later came the stone washed and acid washed jeans. I love the matching short outfit. Tube Tops were still cool. Matching running short sets, and Adidas was the coolest gym bag you could have. UUGH- gym suits were gross, and zipped up, and were like made of stretchy material-ick. There was so much, I'll probably think up more, and have to add to this.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mullet was the hairstyle of the 80's-no doubt-for guys-and some girls, and every girl had a perm, and a million cans of hairspray. The deodorant I remember from the 80's was called Tickle- does anyone remember that? It came in this odd shaped container-like an hour glass-sort of-, and had this ball on the end, we would pop it off, and bounce them around. I remember all the products of the 80's, to clean your skin -like the Buff Puff, and Sea Breeze, and I remember all my friends would do the facial masks, and they came in all different flavors- even cucumber. Remember Ziggy?? He was the cool dude-you wore on your nightshirt, and had on you book jacket covers. Garfield was everyones favorite kitty. Nothing stands out now to me, that is going to be remembered as part of this time period we are in, except reality tv-or breast implants, and thongs, and tattoos and body piercings. There is no real "culture" anymore- no cool memoribilia.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Growing up, I always wanted to look like Eddie Wilson from "Eddie & The Cruisers." Eddie Wilson had the coolest style and cool hair. I also thought Corey Hart had cool hair too.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home