iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club DVDs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sixteen Candles, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club DVDs
Bratpack4ever
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Does anybody already have Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, or The Breakfast Club on DVD? Or maybe in the High School Reunion Box Set? If so, tell me about the DVD and where you got it. Be thorough because I wanna know about the new DVD!

B R A T P A C K 4 E V E R ! ! !

| Site Updates: IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I have them all, the original DVD release, the music stinks and Weird Science and Sixteen Candles are both in Mono.

I need to hear if someone bought the new ones.

Do they have the original songs?

Do you know what that means?

Do you know anything?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw all 3 DVD's yesterday. Dissapointed, it looks like there was hardly any effort in putting these out. No special features. I have the original DVD of Sixteen Candles, and my Breakfast Club and Weird Science VHS were new when recently purchased, so I think I will pass. When did Losin it come out on DVD? That passed me by.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
darn, i wanted to get sixteen candles and weird science for dvd. why no special features??? ARG.

and Rip: Losin It has been out on DVD for a long time...at least a year i would say. that's how long i have owned my copy, i think.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I am glad to hear it about those three films because I already own them, I don't want to buy them again if they are the same.

80's Alert: Anyone that has acess to Wal-Mart can find a whole display of 80's films that have just come out in September. Some of them have already been out on DVD and some are probablly new. Wal=Mart has them for like $8.64 each.

Features Include:
Losin It Back to School
All The Right Moves Better Off Dead
Making the Grade One Crazy Summer
Class Blame it on Rio
Stand By Me Desperately/Susan
St. Elmo's Fire Earth Girls are Easy
Nine to Five The Flamingo Kid
Spies Like US
Cobra
Cocktail
Adventures in Babysitting

These are just a few. However, there is one early 90's release in there, Flatliners, I guess someone didn't know that it wasn't an 80's movie. [Smile]

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TuffTurf
Rewind Curious
Member # 1737

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TuffTurf   Email TuffTurf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is it confirmed the new dvds, have the same music as the original dvds?

I want to buy the new sixteen candles but I'm not sure if it has the original music or not. I was so ****ed when the opening at the high school had replaced the "kajagoogoo" song. Does anyone know if it's back?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I already own Candles and Science on VHS, but my old Breakfast Club DVD is all marked up from a defective DVD player we had some time back. As soon as I get to Circuit City (I don't think Wal*Mart or K-Mart carry the 3 pack..) I'll be picking them up. My new Animal House DVD came with a coupon for $5 off the 3 pack, so it'll be $25 or so. That's a good deal for 3 dvds, but they're bare-bones releases again [Mad] No deleted scenes, no featurettes, no commentaries (which is a shame, as John Hughes did a great job with the Ferris Bueller commentary)...I think just Weird Science and Breakfast Club have trailers...big whoop. Oh well, maybe next time........ [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RowMan
Rewinder
Member # 1312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RowMan   Author's Homepage   Email RowMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case anyone was still unsure, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, and Weird Science DVDs are all pretty bare-bones versions. The only things different from the previous releases are that they now all feature their original music soundtracks.
Posts: 35 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home