iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » High School Reunion DVD Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: High School Reunion DVD Collection
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone probably knows by now, we're less than one week away from the 80's dvd box set of Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club and Weird Science. Two questions, are you buying the collection, and even if you're not, which one of the three is your favorite? Me: yes, and The Breakfast Club. It's been ages since I've seen any of them, but the spoof they did of TBC in "Not Another Teen Movie" brought back fond memories and rekindled my interest in all stuff 80's.
Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Breakfast club is definitely my fav of the three classics.

Eat...My...Shorts!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
To buy or not to buy that is the question....

I already have the three of them on DVD, a very important decision that I made within months of getting a DVD player in 1999 (I guess that makes me a grandfather in terms of DVD ownership, I was one of the first people I knew of that had one, so yeah, I was cool for awhile) but back to the point... If I was to by them now I would have to see amazing extras or even just original soundtracks. I know that the Breakfast Club's soundtrack hasn't changed, but the other two are very different from original release. As for spending money on them, I don't know, those would be my conditions, and I recommend the same to everyone that already has 2 or more of them. If they can re-release Terminator 2 with 4 new additions, why not so the same with Sixteen Candles and the rest? Or does John Hughes not care all that much?

Anyway, if you are looking for all around best of the 3 of the movies, your winner is Sixteen Candles, original soundtrack only though, with the combination of killer music, great lines, moments where you are almost embarassed for the characters and the John Cusack factor, this is easily the best of the three.

The other 2 are great don't get me wrong. The physics club sequence in the breakfast club rules, and the scene in the bar in weird science is out of control.

But Sixteen Candles and the New Faces Dance can't really be beat.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
retrohpink
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1832

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for retrohpink   Author's Homepage   Email retrohpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From all of those I only saw The Breakfast Club because unfortunately I live in Portugal and its really really hard to get good movies. I saw TBC because I downloaded it and even it being with such crappy quality i've watched it dozens of times. I heard that next month sixteen candles is coming out on here but i'm not sure...

Oh and can anyone tell me if that pack is available for zone 2 because if so I'll get it online or something. Thanks.

Posts: 65 | From: lisbon, portugal | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
retrohpink, I couldn't find any info on a region 2 release of the collection, but I did find a site dedicated to the dvds here
Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by retrohpink:
I heard that next month sixteen candles is coming out on here but i'm not sure...

I'm not sure if they come out in Portugal (guess so) but I know for sure that TBC, Sixteen Candles and Weird Science come out in Belgium and Holland on september 18th 2003. (Although, not in a 'High School Reunion Pack' I think...)

Maybe you can order them online, they have Portuguese subtitles.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raygunxyz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1045

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raygunxyz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
I was extremely excited about this disc, but as I looked into them, I figured out there is no added features (except a trailer on each), I believe it is the original music. I was hoping for some deleted footage (especially since John Hughes as the only exsisting 3 hour cut of TBC), I read some time ago that Bill Paxton along with other cast memebers did commentary, but as of right now I have not heard of them releasing it? Are they expecting to do ANOTHER release later, with Added features?
Eric

Posts: 84 | From: Bakersfield, Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home