iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Purple Rain: The Truth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Purple Rain: The Truth
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be true? I was watching TOTP2 the other day where I found out about plans of an extended re-release of Purple Rain! And the new soundtrack will have added songs complete with 80s-style new material! Has anyone else
heard of this? Does anyone have more info?

Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering, next year is the 20th anniversary of the movie, I wouldn't put it past them.

Warner Brothers 2-Disc Special Edition of "Purple Rain", anybody?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

They gave the treatment to 80s flicks like "Amadeus" and "Once Upon A Time In America", with "A Christmas Story" getting the 2-disc styling as well in a few months, so why not "Purple Rain"?

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woohoo i hope they do release it. i do not own that movie yet. i was just too lazy to buy it i guess, but if it gets re-released with the bonus material, then i will definitely buy it this time. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PurpleRainer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1627

- posted      Profile for PurpleRainer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope they do redo it. I liked that movie a lot! [Smile]
Posts: 13 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'A Christmas story' getting the 2 - disc treatment?! Rocksteadyflamethrower, you've made my day! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogue588
Rewind Curious
Member # 1782

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rogue588   Email Rogue588   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny that my very first post on here would be about one of my [past] favourite artists...

I don't mean to be a killjoy here [I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to eat my words if they're wrong...], but I doubt VERY HIGHLY that his royal impishness will allow WB [a company he despises with every breath he takes] to do ANYTHING with this flick [other than, maybe, clean it up and fix the sound].

There are some extra scenes and tunes that didn't make it to the final cut, but until Prince gets a personality and does things for the FANS instead of himself, I don't see anything other than a restoration happening...IF that.

But, hell, i'd rather see "Under the Cherry Moon", "Sign O the Time" &/or "Graffiti Bridge" released before that..

Posts: 9 | From: just around the corner... | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home