iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 5 Unique dance scenes in an 80's movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 5 Unique dance scenes in an 80's movie
wordmanb
Rewind Curious
Member # 1720

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for wordmanb   Email wordmanb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.chunk doing the truffle shuffle in goonies.
2.Emilo Estevez dancing in the libary scene in breakfast club.
3.Anthony M.Hall ,dance scene in the gym of sixteen candles.
4.Matthew Broderick dancing downtown in ferris.
5.Sean Penn dancing in the high school dance in fast times.

So post your favorite unique dance scenes

Posts: 1 | From: fl | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.) David Byrne's "Knock-knee Dance" in "Stop Making Sense"

2.) Dan Aykroyd leading a fleet of hookers and pimps in some funky dance steps to the sounds of James Brown in "Doctor Detroit"

3.) Melanie Griffith's first strip scene in "Fear City" (counteracted with the murder of Ola Ray's character...Hey, you wanted unique)

4.) The Chipmunks And The Chipettes dancing in the ruins in "The Chipmunk Adventure"

5.) John Laroquette moonwalking at gunpoint in "Blind Date"

Sincerely,

John Edward Kilduff...the Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I like my dance scene's funny...

A classic!:

1) Pee Wee Herman on the bar in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Tequilla!!!

The first of a tired series' only great running gag:

2) The Blue Oyster Bar scene in Police Academy. Hilarious. I laugh every time.

There are no small roles:

3) The prom in Just One of the Guys. Why this one you might ask? The two resident space aliens dancing together. Those characters were so random and meaningless to the plot that it's brilliant, and damn funny.

Another prom:

4) Ricky clearing the gymnasium dance floor in Better Off Dead. That's funny enough as it is, but his collapse on the floor is a riot. That and Charles' hysterical laughing, great stuff.

Hey guys, wonder joints:

5) Revenge of the Nerds. The dance scene at the Lamda house, once the party gets started. Thriller! Lamar with the balloon on his head. Booger taking on two Mu's at once. U.N. Jefferson getting loose. Funny stuff.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rebates23
Rewind Curious
Member # 1721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rebates23   Email rebates23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene in "Breakin" with Turbo dancing with the broom outside the convenience store.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rebates23
Rewind Curious
Member # 1721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rebates23   Email rebates23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the first part of the movie "Breakin", they are all at the beach, standing around a small dance area. If you look closely, one of the guys in the background clapping his hands is Jean Claude Van Damme.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the dance scene in Breakin 2 where Turbo dances around his room including the ceiling.

I also the like dance scene in Breakfast club where all of the cast is dancing around the library.

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ronald Miller Dance in Can't Buy Me Love

The scene in Mannequin when they are dancing in the mall to "Do you Dream about me"

Bachelor Party doing the alligator

The dance scene in The Breakfast Club, Molly Ringwalds dance was my favorite. [Wink]

Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Cruise dancing to Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock And Roll" is a classic! I can't tell you how many times that has played over and over again on shows like Entertainment Tonight, Extra!, Access Hollywood, or any TV show that mentions "Risky Business".

And I'm suprised none of the previous posts mentioned "The Blues Brothers" yet! There are several good ones: (1.) The gospel scene where Joliet Jake (John Belushi) does several back flips, even though I'm sure it's really a stuntman doubling for Belushi; (2.) The street scene in inner-city Chicago.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Valley Girl:

Love the preppy guy in the double polo with collar up, madras shorts, and boat shoes dancing to "I am the fanatic" at the party...cracks me up everytime. Everyone in my school had that same look. Haircut and all. [Smile]

Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i crack up at Chris Penn's routine in FOOTLOOSE when Kevin Bacon is showing him how to dance. they are jamming to "let's hear it for the boy" and he does it again at the ending scene.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuff Turf, when James Spader is trying to talk to that girl and not letting her go from the dance

Howard the Duck, at the end when Howard is dancing (a dancing duck, now that's unique!)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StinkyBUTTHOLE
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "THE OUTSIDERS":

When Ponyboy starts breakdancing in the nude for no reason in the hospital in front of Johnny.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home