iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last American Virgin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Last American Virgin
DanCo
Rewind Curious
Member # 1684

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DanCo   Author's Homepage   Email DanCo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have complained about this now for years!...I have been trying to locate this on any format VHS,Dvd etc.. (you can order it on vhs but it is a distrubution only realse and it runs about 150 bux through blockbuster!!) i just can't pay that for a crappy VHS tape ya know?...this movie does not get much mention from what i have seen around here...the soundtrack alone is over the top..and i have no idea why it has not been released ..it has hits from The police(doo doo doo da da da),Devo (whip it),James Ingram (just once),The cars (lets go),Journey (open arms)...it baffles me...

whats the scoop..am i the only one that digs this cheeze ball 80s flick..hey isnt that what the 80s were about,velveeta!

Posts: 2 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi DanCo,

I love this movie too. I saw it for the first time about 2 months ago. I have good news for you regarding this movie. It is being released on DVD on August 5th! If you look on Amazon.Com, they have a picture of what the new cover will look like. I prefer the original but oh well what can you do. At least we'll have it in less than a month [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the vhs version was Out Of Print...which made finding it on ebay an expensive way to get a copy. I know thier playin it on cable this month(July) just taped it. Although a little rauncchy:I love it just as much as 80s classics like Breakfast Club and 16 Candles. I think theres a soundtrack floatin around somewhere...but I havent seen it anywhere. Whip it! Whip it good!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reform_School_Girl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1707

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Reform_School_Girl   Email Reform_School_Girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember and LIKE this movie! It even had the girl from Better or Dead, right? The exchange student that ends up with Lane. Who is my favorite all time actor BTW. I think I still have the VHS tape somewhere since I begged my father to tape in for me like 13 years ago! The soundtrack (or what I remember from it!) was cool. Gee, now I HAVE to watch that movie so I guess I'll be digging my closets this weekend. You said the DVD is coming out Aug? Let me know for sure I wouldn't mind adding this one to my 80s DVD collection.

Well Im off like a dirty shirt!
Erika

Posts: 11 | From: Sunny Cali | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rebates23
Rewind Curious
Member # 1721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for rebates23   Email rebates23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about an 80s classic. I first saw this on TV one weekend night after watching Night Tracks.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it Friday and then they ended up playing Better Off Dead on cable that night! So it got me thinkin:Where are They Now??? Diane Franklin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanCo
Rewind Curious
Member # 1684

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DanCo   Author's Homepage   Email DanCo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very much!!..you do not know how stoked i am that this flick is coming to Dvd (i would have taken VHS even) This movie is very underated especially with such a stellar soundtrack..for those that have never checked it out..it is 80s cheese at its ultimate!!

It used to come on USA up all night..remember that show?...also they played The Toxic Avenger alot on there as well...any other B movies that rock?...i dig the stupid school stuff

Posts: 2 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home