iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Title
Nic
Rewind Curious
Member # 1568

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nic   Email Nic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I'm looking for the title of a movie I saw (a part of) when I was a kid (mid 1980's, not exactly sure, the movie might have been a little older).

Basically, this movie is about a rally through the city. If I remember correctly, there were only two teams. One of them was put together by some rich kid, I remember that he had tons of gadgets in his van, with a bubble at the top to see outside. I don't even know what they were rallying for...

There was a scene where they played mini-putt. They were told not to go to the last hole and play all of them to find the clue leading to the next puzzle.

Another one I remember had something to do with a telescope at an observatory. The players had to find a specific location to lead them to the next puzzle. If I remember, there was a kid using the telescope to watch some girl change across town when the teams got to the telescope.

Well, I guess that's about all I remember from this movie. It's been bugging me for a long time now... couple of years. I don't even know if the movie was any good, let's hope it is so I can watch it completely this time.

Any help is welcome!!!

Thanks everyone.
Nic

Posts: 5 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeaditebyDawn
Senior Rewinder
Member # 140

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for DeaditebyDawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like "Midnight Madness" because that definitely features a miniature golf scene.. check IMDB or even better the page that was just added here on the 80's rewind for more info about the film.. but I'm certain this is correct.
Posts: 63 | From: Baltimore, MD (school)/ Huntington, WV (home) | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, that is definitely "midnight madness"
Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nic
Rewind Curious
Member # 1568

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nic   Email Nic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That really sounds like it, but I don't remember any of the actors. Well, it's been so long now. Thanks for the info, I will try to rent a copy and see for myself.

Thanks everyone.

Nic

Posts: 5 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home