iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fixin up a house for Spring Break ????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fixin up a house for Spring Break ????
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone help I remember this movie where they fix up a house and have a MTV like party? I can't remember anything else. I'm new. This is such an awesome site [Cool] .
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, a couple movies come to mind, but the titles escape me at the moment [Confused] , have you checked up the plot on IMDB.com?

Do you remember anything else about the movie, actors, actresses etc.??

I'm sure someone will remember it around here. [Smile]

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, they fix up a house in 'Playing for keeps', which features a young Marisa Tomei. They also have to fix up a house in 'Revenge of the nerds', and then have a party when it's done. They're both on this site, so check 'em out! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys, I think the movie is Playing for Keeps. Now I'm probaly going to buy it just because I want to watch it again. You know how it is. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Muffy....we know how it is. [Razz] Did you ever buy it and how was it?

Welcome....haha [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rocked you're too funny!!!

You know I hunted it down........and it was the movie I was thinking of, of course!

A young Marissa Tomei......It's not a bad movie at all........a bit slow but I like it.......and it started my run on the Rewind [Wink] [Big Grin]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of those movies that I have tryed to watch twice...and I never make it to the end.

There is a scene where a guy is looking in his fridge and it's empty and he asks his litter sister Marie where all the food is and she says she gave it to the poor. He then says"MAH-REEEE!"

To this day when my friend is hungry and I have nothing good to eat in the house he makes an exagerated mad face at me and says "MAH-REEE!"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Marisa Tomei. She's great in everything. I don't think I ever saw this movie though.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, the Weinstein brothers were involved. Sometimes I see it on TV, it was OK but nothing spectacular. Anyone know what happened to Daniel Jordano? He seemed like he was going to get more roles.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont anyone rent this for Maissa Tomei...shes in it for two seconds!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Too funny!

It's not a spectacular movie at all and Tomei is in but I don't even remember how much.......it was just one of those I couldn't remember for anything. [Smile]

Tomei is one of those actresses I admire alot nowadays. Happy Accidents is this great movie with Vincent D'nefrio that she was in I love!!

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People keep asking about the movie "Playing For Keeps".. so let's go back to where it all began.. Muffy Tepperman's first posting on The Rewind:

June 13th, 2003

-

"Playing for Keeps" was directed and written by brothers Bob and Harvey Weinstein. It stars Daniel Jordano, Matthew Penn, and Leon W. Grant as a trio of inner-city teenagers attempting to strike it rich by turning a hotel into a rock 'n' roll resort. A then little-known Marisa Tomei has a supporting role.

-

The film's soundtrack features music by: Phil Collins, Julian Lennon, Pete Townshend, and Duran Duran

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home