iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need help with a name of comedy/horror movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with a name of comedy/horror movie
Thefrock
Rewind Curious
Member # 1456

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Thefrock   Email Thefrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to find the name of a movie I saw as a young teen. I am not sure if it is comedy or horror but it was very funny. It starts out with these two teens that are mad at their teacher. They play a record backwards which tells them of a curse. They screw the curse up by using the whole hand of a dead relative instead of the just a fingertip. Anyway, the curse kills their teacher. They then play the record again which tells them how to undo the curse. In the process they tear the head off the picture of their teacher and when he wakes up he is minus his head. To make a long story short, he ends up chasing them all over town with his head. In the end, they go back to class and there is the teacher with a scarf around his neck. They ask him how he is feeling and he pulls the scarf off showing the stitching holding his head on and says he has a sore throat. Any help with this would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.
Posts: 1 | From: NY | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mid_KnightFD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1386

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mid_KnightFD   Email Mid_KnightFD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already asked about this one just recently. Its from Amazing stories the movie. [Big Grin]
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RowMan
Rewinder
Member # 1312

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for RowMan   Author's Homepage   Email RowMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The backwards record thing isn't quite right, but it sounds like it's from the television series Amazing Stories (1985-1987). The story was a one hour special (most were 30 min.) called, "Go To The Head of the Class" and was directed by Robert Zemeckis. This episode was released on home video in 1992, but may be out of print now. I'm pretty sure the name of the tape it's on is called, "Amazing Stories Book 2" and also includes the animated "Family Dog" episode directed by Tim Burton which was later turned into its own short-lived series.
Posts: 35 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home