iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Whats the name of this movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whats the name of this movie
Mid_KnightFD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1386

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mid_KnightFD   Email Mid_KnightFD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 100% sure it is from the 80's. I dont know what it is about and I am not sure if it would be a action or drama film. The only thing I do remember is the cover of the box. Which I remember it showing ballistic missiles in the distance being fired off, maybe three or four of them and maybe someone looking up at them but not sure. So it obviously had somthing to do with nuclear war. I hope someone knows what I am talking about. Thanx in advace
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess would be the controversial TV-movie "The Day After", which was shown on the ABC-TV network in 1983.

It was about when a nuclear war breaks out between the USA and the USSR. Most of the story centers on the town of Lawrence, Kansas after nearby Kansas City is nuked.

I saw it on TV when it first came out, and it was deeply moving and emotionally shattering experience. Heavy stuff back then, but seems sorta dated now.

Stars Jason Robards, Steve Guttenberg, John Litghow, JoBeth Williams, and Amy Madigan.

The video box cover is quite different-looking from the one that was available during the 80's.

Click below:
http://us.imdb.com/Details?0085404

Hope this helps!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mid_KnightFD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1386

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mid_KnightFD   Email Mid_KnightFD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could see the older box to say if it is the right movie. The only way for me to know is by the cover and the one in the link isnt it. Thanx anyways.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mid_KnightFD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1386

Rate Member
Never mind I just saw the older box on Yahoo movies and that is it. Another weight has been lifted off my shoulders thanx 100 times. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home