iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Desperately Seeking Susan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Desperately Seeking Susan
Rachel
Rewind Curious
Member # 1251

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rachel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else a BIG fan of this movie? It's my favourite movie of all time. I love it. Madonna is great, Rosanna A is just as fantastic...the whole cast are amazing actually.

It has so many great moments and I love the costumes. I'd kill for Madonna's whole DSS wardrobe, especially that funky jacket.

Anyone else care to discuss this movie with me?

Posts: 1 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever this is on tv I try to catch it as I enjoy watching it. Strange how often films with famous singers that have main roles don't do so well, like Cyndi Lauper in "Vibes" and "Off and Running" which are a couple of my favourite films, and Kylie Minogue playing not such a major role in Bio-Dome - didn't know she was in it till I realised "hey isn't that...?"

Maybe it's easier to teach actors to sing than it is for singers to act ;)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most memorable scene has to be where Madonna blowdries her underarms in the bathroom! Duude...that has to be one of thee most memorable moments in any 80's movie. I would watch that movie just to see that scene again, ha!
Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeaditebyDawn
Senior Rewinder
Member # 140

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for DeaditebyDawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A company is releasing a series of 4 (I believe..), 12" action figures of Madonna in this movie with various costumes including the bathroom scene which you speak so fondly of.. check out this article if you're interested

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=7234

Posts: 63 | From: Baltimore, MD (school)/ Huntington, WV (home) | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1318

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Timea   Email Timea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the look and the music. Happening to be a Madonna-fan and an 80's-lover. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Dead
Rewind Curious
Member # 1296

- posted      Profile for Jay Dead   Email Jay Dead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Madonna figures rule. I can't imagine that these figures have her approval. She sued like crazy over those "Madonna Condoms." Who cares though; 80s style represent.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VOGUE
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1347

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for VOGUE   Author's Homepage   Email VOGUE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably my second favorite 80's movie.I didn't like it at first but then it grew on me and I really started to appreciate the mid-80's New York style setting and the plot.A real joy to watch.
Posts: 13 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home