iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Which do you prefer The Neverending Story or Labyrinth?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which do you prefer The Neverending Story or Labyrinth?
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I've watched both of these again lately and have to say I still prefer The Neverending Story, I think it has held up better than Labyrinth. I got more involved in the characters, found them much more relatable.

If I was asked which one I remembered more of it would be The Neverending Story.

And who wouldn't be able to sing The Neverending stoooooooooorrrrryyyyy? [Smile]

What are your thoughts?

-

-

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Labyrinth by a million miles [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Owned both these as a youngster. And I'm positive I watched Never Ending Story way more. So gonna have to be that one for me too.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen these since I was a kid but I watched Never Ending Story way more. That will have to be the vote from my childhood. If I ever get around to rewatching, I will give an update!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I probably wouldn't compare them as they have such different tones. I think I enjoyed them each in their own way equally.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I liked Labyrinth, and love Jennifer Connelly, as far as movies go I enjoyed the Neverending Story more
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaohao
Rewind Curious
Member # 37591

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shaohao   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, hello!

One more vote for "The Labyrinth". I loved it back then and I love it now. The Neverending Story is the more touching and more emotional of those two but I preferred the creepiness and grotesque of The Labyrinth.
And now I am excited because it is coming to Netflix! Woohoo!

[ 04. August 2020, 02:55: Message edited by: Shaohao ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2020 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaohao:
Hello, hello!

One more vote for "The Labyrinth". I loved it back then and I love it now. The Neverending Story is the more touching and more emotional of those two but I preferred the creepiness and grotesque of The Labyrinth.
And now I am excited because it is coming to Netflix! Woohoo!

It is better on Netflix, now I won't have to find the disk [Smile]
Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home