iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Personal License plates in 80s flicks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Personal License plates in 80s flicks
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While viewing the ferrisfest webpage, they had some items pictured and the plate from Camerons dads car was one of them...NRVOUS. It made me think there has to be many personalized plates in 80s movies. Can you think of any.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread! Every 80s movie had one (or two) [Smile]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx aTomik. Seems like a fun one to me too.

Good one with the Vacation plate. My favorite movie and it seriously didn't even cross my mind.

-

OUTATIME

[ 22. May 2016, 17:04: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here´s another one i remember.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Hey Johnny. What was that in?
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The first one was from Weird Science, and the second one from Adventures In Babysitting.

And here's Cheech's love machine license plate (from Up In Smoke):

-

Well, technically the movie is from 1978.. but it's just too good to leave it out of this thread. [Big Grin]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Hahaha. That cheech chong plate is Hilarious johnny. The weird science pic didn't come out on my phone but the AIBaby did. I remember it now. Keep em coming.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I posted a pic of the Ghostbusters car but it was too big.

ECTO-1 Not sure what it means

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just rewatched Bachelor Party (still super funny film!) and what did i find, poor little Cole´s personal license plate [Smile]

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Rocky IV

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cameron's NRVOUS is a personal favorite.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Why does Rocky have to wash the car(s) himself when he has that robot to do the work for him ? [Confused] [Big Grin]

Anyway.. Sly also drove another car with personalized license plates :

-

I vaguely remembered the car from Cobra (1986) had some sort of text on the plates as well.
I have to admit, i used the internet to find out what it was, but hey.. here it is :

AWSOM 50 [Big Grin]

[ 24. May 2016, 07:29: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome thread guys! Seriously, was there at least one in every 80's movie?

Great Outdoors

-

-

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Good question gecko. This thread reminds me of another thread started by Bernie Lomax. It was wood paneled autos in 80s movies. I think he may ha ve been right about the possibility of one being in every 80s movie.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Forgot to mention that Tom Burlinson´s character P.C. (Windrider, 1986) has personal license plate in his car.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Another one from Weird Science....LISA
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And of course Doobbie's WOLF on his "Taxiola"
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Mannequin. ILLUSTRA was on someones plate
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hughes sure loved these, this is of course from She´s Having a Baby.

-

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Saw this the other day and I don't remember ever noticing it before. Breakfast club. Estevezs dads truck had OHIOST. MY thought is it was due to Ohio State having a big wrestling program and estevezs character being a wrestler. Can anyone confirm this.

Also Anthony halls moms car. EMC or EMC2. I read somewhere that that car was john Hughes. Any confirmation on that from anyone? And is it the same one in Shes Having a Baby in aTomiks post above.

Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember "D VADER" for Dr. Vader in Rock 'n Roll High School Forever.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:

Also Anthony halls moms car. EMC or EMC2. I read somewhere that that car was john Hughes. Any confirmation on that from anyone?

I can't confirm it, but I've heard that too.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Saw this one in Night of the Comet.
D M K
it was on the car when the guy came flying around the corner and almost hit the blonde at the end of the movie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home