iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Great interview with Lea Thompson

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great interview with Lea Thompson
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a real good interview, talking about her movies...

http://www.avclub.com/article/lea-thompson-69639

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This and space camp are about the only 2 of lea's 80s movies I've yet to see,the one above - going undercover aka yellow pages seems a pretty rare flick.

Anyone ever checked this one out and if so is it any good?

Lea comes across pretty cool in that interview and no matter how bad (jaws 3) or how much of a flop (howard the duck)the odd movie turned out she never seems to really bad mouth them and just talks more about the positives!

That's if there are any positives to be taken from jaws 3 and Howard the duck [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m going to check out the interview later today.

Thompson is perhaps to only good thing in Howard the Duck but i recently bought the R1 dvd and i´m willing to give it one more chance.

I have Going Undercover aka Yellow Pages vhs tape and i´ll try watch the film later this week.

warrior, have you seen Nightbreaker aka Advance to Ground Zero (1989)? I bought it sometime ago but haven´t watched it yet.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:

warrior, have you seen Nightbreaker aka Advance to Ground Zero (1989)? I bought it sometime ago but haven´t watched it yet.

-

me saying i only need to see space camp and going undercover is wrong as i've never seen nightbreaker or 1988s the wizard of loneliness either.

my old video mag i remember gave nightbreaker a pretty rave review and it seems to be quite highly regarded from the few reviews of it over at imdb.

it's minus lea but i have seen - the war at home starring estevez and martin sheen and i thought that was pretty well made movie (estevez directed),i've just noticed nightbreaker was directed by peter markle who directed youngblood,hot dog the movie and the underatted war drama bat 21.

i reckon it will be a good un!

-

i've heard of this one before but know very little about it,have you ever seen this one atomik - the wizard of loneliness starring lea thompson and lukas haas?

mentioning lukas haas makes me want to watch - lady in white again,such a good film!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Pittsburghgirl. is that what they do in Pennsylvania?

I like the answer to the Wild Life. the topless scene that was cut and the follow up about 40 year old men.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
warrior, i recall seeing The Wizard of Loneliness once back in the late 80s but remember hardly anything about the film.
I´ll check if i can find the tape somewhere.

Lady in White is awesome and i love the finnish vhs cover art:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Loved the interview! Lea says like it is and that´s always a good thing.

Watched Yellow Pages aka Going Undercover (1985) and oh boy it was a pretty lame flick.
The plot is silly and uninteresting and same can be said about the acting. Thompson is cute but can´t save the film.
Yellow Pages was shot mostly in Copenhagen, Denmark so at least some of the viewers may found the locations exotic.

Writer director James Kenelm Clarke´s other 80s movie Funny Money (with Elizabeth Daily) is slightly better but can someone tell me if his 70s films (Exposé, Hardcore, Let´s Get Laid) with Fiona Richmond are worth getting?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Check out this finnish vhs cover art for Yellow Pages, they really tried to sell this as a sex comedy. Now where did they grab this photo, it just doesn´t make any sense [Big Grin]

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Nightbreaker aka Advance to Ground Zero (1989) last night.

"Dr. Alexander Brown (Martin Sheen) arrives in Las Vegas, awarded for his recent medical invention.
An ex-G.I. tells Brown he was a test subject during the 1950's, exposed to atomic bomb radiation in the Nevada desert-- will Brown help the man uncover the truth?
In 1950's Nevada, Brown (played by Emilio Estevez) is a young psychiatrist and a guest of the U.S. Army, where soldiers were routinely exposed to excessive radiation.
The young Brown and a colleague interview soldiers, who show their ignorance and insouciance in the face of this danger.
The movie intercuts scenes between the young Alexander Brown and older Alexander Brown, some thirty years after the nuclear tests.
Will the decorated psychiatrist finally speak out on the atrocity he witnessed?" (IMDb)

This was a solid tv-movie directed by Peter Markle (Hot Dog, Youngblood etc.).
I must give credit to Martin Sheen and the guys because you need some guts to make this kind of film.
The anti war message is strong and i liked the cast. Lea Thompson plays Emilio´s girlfriend and had few nice scenes with him.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home