iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » RIP Amanda Peterson

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Amanda Peterson
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Amanda Peterson. Absolutely beautiful in Can't Buy Me Love.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How very sad that Amanda Peterson has passed just a few days short of her 44th birthday. Although she has been out of the public eye for many years, her performances in Annie, Explorers, Silver Spoons, Can't Buy Me Love & Listen To Me, will forever leave a lasting impression on my generation & Rewind community.

Rest in peace Cindy Mancini. We will miss you.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well gutted,I love can't buy me love and she was a very talented actress as well as being really beautiful to go with it!

Wow! Just 43,that's really sad news.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! Poor Amanda [Frown]

Does anyone know what happened?

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3151605/Amanda-Peterson-star-t-Buy-Love-opposite-Patrick-Dempsey-dies-aged-43-suffering-medical-issues.html - her father mentions that she had a few medical conditions over the last few years including pnuemonia,sinusitis and sleep apnea and also a year earlier had been living in a house with mold which maybe could have contributed to it!

[ 07. July 2015, 01:36: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

sometimes when i used to think of amanda peterson i would also picture kim walker who was another beautiful actress who passed away way before her time!

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really sad to hear this, R.I.P. Amanda.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devastating. Thoughts and prayers to her family/friends.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can`t Buy Me Love is one of my wife`s fav movies, so I`ve watched this many many times. Very sad news...two young kids as well....RIP...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that sucks! She was so good in Can't Buy Me Love and nobody deserves to die that young. I wonder why she got out of acting. Does anyone know? She was a really good actor.

I truly feel sorry for those who die before their time. 43 is too young. R.I.P. Amanda.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to leave the site homepage "movie of the day" on CBML as it is now for this week in her honor.. Very sad.. R.I.P. Amanda
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My computer was in the shop all week and only found out this terrible news tonight. Very sad, over the years I always would do some research on her and wonder what happened to her. I was a big fan of her small body of work and thought she would have a long career. I had no idea she was having those troubles. Big RIP to her. 43 was way too young. Also have been concerned about another one of my favorite 80's actresses Jenny Wright of Near Dark fame and others. Shes been off the radar a long time and looks significantly older than her age.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad, I didn't realize she had had so many troubles in life since she left Hollywood.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't believe the news. So young!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw all the mug shots of her, she did time in prison too- who would have known that. Very Very sad. Way too young. I think of all the fans these people have that they don't even realize what an impact they left on people. That in real life, they have very trouble lives.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide- I have seen Jenny Wright in person, she is so unrecognizable, another sad situation too. [Frown]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

she sure was pretty back in the day and this is how i'd imagine many fans (i know i will) will remember her by and not by these pics of her looking down and out that the media keep publishing,that's just the drugs for ya - they would do that to anyone!

[ 11. July 2015, 03:29: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, so, sad.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home