iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Literally your favorite end of school movies!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Literally your favorite end of school movies!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, when I think about this topic as I listen to the you tube link of Van Stephenson's No Secret.....my first choice would have to be Secret Admirer. I also just recently watched The Allnighter again, absolutely love that one. I would also have to say Dazed and Confused, even though it is from 1993.

What movies do you like to watch again at the end of the school year???

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically Jessie anything lightweight and feel good,something that would probably put me in a good mood after watching it.

Here's a few random ones of my shelf's that I'd probably give a go -

-

[ 29. May 2015, 08:15: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I love Secret Admirer.

We Are Devo

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a summer camp movie like Meatballs or Poison Ivy or Little Darlings
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ernest Goes to Camp?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I too have to put a non 80's vote in for Dazed and Confused. That is the movie I always think of for an end of the school year, start of summer movie. Ok, back on track.

I vote for Fast Times and Can't Buy Me Love. I know they take place through the whole school year, but they end at the end of the year, so they seem fitting.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure, y not Bernie
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

1985's gotcha starring Anthony Edwards .

[ 01. June 2015, 17:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast Times, Dazed and Confused, any of those cheesy summer "Bikini" movies, like Malibu Bikini Shop.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of Gotcha before. Is it worth a watch
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah definitely Blake,I like it anyway,i think it's a lot of fun

It's directed by jeff kanew who made revenge of the nerds which is also good fun if you've never seen it and is filmed mostly in Berlin Germany which makes for bit of a different location.

https://youtu.be/wYWwOV0Q2nY - here's the trailer for it.

Blake
Ace Rewinder
Member # 75

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will have to watch it. I can't believe I haven't heard of it I'm normally good at remembering 80s flicks this one must of passed me by
Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I second that on Gotcha, especially if you like Linda Fiorentino. The copy I have went kaput just the other day. Bummed me out. Hope to find another.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotcha is a really fun movie. Always liked it. Fiorentino is nice too [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
What about High School U.S.A.?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I am pretty sure the blonde girl (Teresa Palmer) in Take Me Home tonight is from my home town of Adelaide, South Australia.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah she is from Adelaide Bernie,very pretty and she was likeable in take me home tonight.

Don't think I've seen her in anything else though,it said on her profile she used to date her take me home tonight co star topher grace and then later on she also dated brit comedian russell brand.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
She is certainly nice to look at and likeable as you say.

Russel Brand.....yeesh...she must have been desperate [Big Grin]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

With all the schools out it really makes me want to watch some high school flicks.
Current cravings are
Just One of the Guys
Karate Kid

Anyone else?

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just One Of The Guys would certainly be on my watch list. Just watched that one again recently in fact, and still enjoy it.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Its a good one Pyro but how bout Just one of the girls with Corey Haim. I haven't seen it in forever and I'm thinking it was pretty bad.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home