iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bar names in 80's movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bar names in 80's movies
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you all help me think of bar names. The only one coming to mind is The Double Deuce from Roadhouse. List anything you want but I am more interested in bars not nightclubs/danceclubs.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Torchy's. You see it in Brewster's Millions and I think 48 hours too. I guess Walter Hill might have been a regular there.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The blue oyster bar [Big Grin]

[ 10. May 2015, 11:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was gonna say that!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terminal Bar in After Hours.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ultimate party bar - St. Elmo's!

-

[ 10. May 2015, 09:03: Message edited by: Jakey V ]

Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About Last Night:

-

Kelly's

-

Mother's

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odell´s from The Brother from Another Planet (1984)
Great John Sayles movie i watched again while the site was down.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Potowotominimac Lodge - The Great Outdoors

"I'm going to go introduce Mr Thick $&@^ to Mr Urinal Cake."

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jakey V:
The ultimate party bar - St. Elmo's!

-

The ultimate party bar - st. Elmo's!

Are you sure

I was told the blue oyster bar was the ultimate party bar,well that's what Mahoney told me anyway! [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Which one are you? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haha, fun stuff guys [Smile]
We had this special place where we used to get drunk back in the day and it was called Blue Oyster.
Btw, how many of you have the Police Academy blu-ray set? I know i do [Cool]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
 -

Which one are you? [Big Grin]

I'm actually hiding from them in the background after realizing I've come to the wrong bar.

I own the first 2 police academy's on a double pack blu ray atomik,would like to pick up 3 and 4 but they look like there exclusive to the new box set.

Bit like the elm street series,picked up the original single blu release of the 1st,then got 2 and 3 on a double pack and then they go and release a box set for that with the following sequels exclusive to that set as well.

Which is a bit gutting!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
I'm in the same boat, TYW. I bought the German double pack in 2012:

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Gutting indeed. Sometimes it´s just better wait.
I paid 10 euros for the box set which includes all PA films. The prices come down pretty fast here.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

What about Tech Noir on Pico Boulevard? It's a good place for drinking but can get a bit rough at times [Smile]

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Porkys!! Been quite a while since I`ve seen this one...but isn`t Porkys the name of the bar in the movie...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anyone visited Dorry´s Tavern at Kingston Falls? Someone told me it´s a pretty wild place [Cool]

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Perhaps an alternate ending to Gremlins could be that Stripe gets arrested and does a long stretch in prison. He then gets out and has to do 20 years of community service for all the damage and destruction to Kingston Falls. Stripe then becomes the Peltzer's next door neighbour and they all kick back and talk about old times over iced tea.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About Last Night- wasn't the bar called "Mother Malone's?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm. Im not sure LISALISA.
Alot of goid ones Rewinders!
Does anyone remember the one n Fletch Lives where Fletch poses as The Harley inventor

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'll give you a hint...Milwaukee, Wisconsin

[ 28. May 2015, 03:49: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a fun topic, as I scroll down I am remembering lots of these. The very fist one that came to mind was Double Deuce from Road House, then I thought of St. Elmo's Bar and Dorry's from Gremlins.

I thought that they just referred to the bar in About Last Night as Mother's? I think they called the owner Motor Malone?? I guess I will have to watch it again to see!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and how could I forget The Blue Oyster, classic!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home