iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Legal Eagles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legal Eagles
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I don't know if this movie is ever talked about on the forum, but I'm surprised no one even brought up 1986's Legal Eagles!

This courtroom comedic thriller was Ivan Reitman's followup to "Ghostbusters" and has three charismatic leads at the forefront (Robert Redford, Debra Winger, Daryl Hannah). While the film was successful at the box office, it didn't really live up to Universal's expectations especially when considered the huge budget for a comedy at the time ($40 million!).

Plus, it's got "Love Touch" by Rod Stewart and became a top 10 smash on Billboard. Any thoughts about Legal Eagles and has anyone revisited this in a long time?

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen legal eagles Leo,your right it's not one that gets overly talked about a lot,just looked at the reviews online and it receives mostly very positive feedback!

I've just added it to my online rental list as high priority along with another 80s flick I've never seen - space camp.

One film I'm curious about with Robert Redford is brubaker from 1980,I'm sure I've seen it but remember next to nothing,anyone seen it?

Any good?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's some cast actually Leo,just noticed Brian dennehy and Terence stamp also star in it,got to be at least worth a watch I would imagine!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home