iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Eastwood versus Bronson

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eastwood versus Bronson
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who do you think would win in a straight out fist fight between these too?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
bronson looking down at a floored eastwood,only kidding it's a scene from walter hill's hard times from 1975.

i think it would be a hard one to call,i'd imagine both packed good punch and they both kept themselves in very good physical condition.

i wouldn't like to call it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

if only!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...plus Chris Farley as the Great White Ninja....
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Versus bond villain nick nack as the main bad guy!

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

In western films both Eastwood and Bronson usually have lots of wit, they hit hard and are quick on the trigger so i think that it would be a tie.

If Dirty Harry would meet Paul Kersey, now that would be interesting. I think that they would punch only once or twice and very soon have
somekind of gun in their hands.

In real life, the fight could be a very long one or just 5 seconds. Either way, they would eventually call it a tie and find the nearest bar [Cool]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....until Rambo shows up with even bigger guns...
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young warrior, I like your version of The Expendables!
I'm not sure who would win Bronson Vs Eastwood.
My friend's son lives in the store that Bronson's family owned when he was a kid. He came in to eat at the restaurant I worked at many years ago, with his wife. He was in town to attend his Mother's funeral. I didn't see him as I was not working that day.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles Buchinski a/k/a Charles Bronson was born in Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania, about 20 miles from my own birthplace. He was very close friends with the sheriff of the county so he used to stop by for visits and eat at this little Mom-and-Pop place in a small strip mall. I never got to meet him, but I understand that he was about the nicest guy you'd ever meet. (His wife, Jill Ireland, was reportedly super nice too.) He used to sit and talk to the locals, pose for pictures, sign autographs... Some Hollywood stars today could take a lesson!

While on the subject of personable celebrities, a friend of mine's niece was once married to Matt LeBlanc from Friends. My pal used to tell me stories about how LeBlanc would come to Lock Haven, Pennsylvania, to visit and just be beloved by the town because he was a truly humble star. He once told my friend, "Hundreds of guys are better than I am. I just got lucky." Class act.

[ 11. April 2015, 18:33: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Just caught this the new uk tv ad for the British loaf of bread - warburtons featuring Sylvester Stallone in a rocky/expendables style spoof!

Never thought I'd see Stallone reduced to bread commercials,saying that it's great see him sending himself up and basically not giving a damn.

Plus i'd imagine he didn't get paid breadcrumbs for starring in it!

http://youtu.be/iG2l1_I4UUI - warburtons bread commercial featuring Sylvester Stallone.

On another note Does anyone know if Stallone has scrapped the idea of doing another Rambo which was rumored to be titled - Rambo last blood as its dissapeared of his IMDb filmography listing?

[ 11. April 2015, 18:46: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Bronson definitely was a legend,I'd say he always been my favorite tough guy actor!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Another really cool down to earth actor and who seems like a generally really nice guy - tom Atkins I'm sure is from your neck of the woods crash & Pittsburgh girl.

I'd love to meet him!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tommy Atkins is a beloved Pittsburgh actor. Despite his busy schedule--does this guy have credits or what?--he was actively involved in local theatre and did a one-man show, The Chief, playing Art Rooney, the late owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers football team.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Atkins has had quite the career. He stands out in my mind from Striking Distance, filmed in Pittsburgh.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I don't understand the bad rap that Striking Distance always gets. It's very entertaining and showcases the beauty of the city pretty well. Plus, it has such a cool cast: Bruce Willis, Sarah Jessica Parker, Tom Atkins, John Mahoney, Andre Braugher, Tom Sizemore, Brion James, Timothy Busfield, Dennis Farina, and Robert Pastorelli. It's a veritable hall of fame of great character actors.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home