iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The joys of Turner Classic Movies...the pains of AMC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The joys of Turner Classic Movies...the pains of AMC
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, brutal honesty time...

Which do you prefer? Turner Classic Movies or American Movie Classics/Channel?

I gotta go with TCM. I like 80s movies, but I also like classic movies, too. AMC seems to have forgotten this message, and they air lots of 80s movies, and few movies from before the 70s. It's not that I mind this...it's just that the movies aired on AMC are pan-and-scam, censored and constantly interrupted by commercials.

TCM, on the other hand, only airs a few 80s movies a month, but they air them uncensored (most of the time), in their original aspect ratio (most of the time) and without commercials (at all times). Next month on TCM, they're airing letterbox and uncensored prints of movies like "Top Gun", "Beetlejuice" and "The Color Of Money", as part of their 31 Days Of Oscar festival. The following month sees airings of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "The Right Stuff"...letterboxed and uncensored, too.

So, which do you prefer?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
CruelSummer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CruelSummer   Email CruelSummer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMC has some good movies, but I hate the commercials. They're like every five minutes.

I love TCM. They play really great movies, not so many 80's movies, but great movies all the same.

Posts: 58 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, now I'm feeling old, when "Ferris" and "Top Gun", movies that didn't even come out 20 years ago, are on AMC or TCM.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Born1984
Rewind Curious
Member # 87

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Born1984   Author's Homepage   Email Born1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to say AMC . They do have that friday frights or something . Turner is good but they keep playing the movies over and over till people get tired of them . Network need to have a channel that is people request ,christs sakes they have total request live , why not a movie request channel , with what the people wanna see . Now that would be awesome total 70's , 80's,90's movies,shows etc , with a mix of that music with the VH1 stuff showing who sang the song and what year . I know I talk too much . [Big Grin]
Posts: 9 | From: Ca, U.S.A | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home