iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's TV Shows coming out on DVD!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's TV Shows coming out on DVD!!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,

I was searching the web trying to find out if any of our 80's tv shows will be coming out on dvd and I found this...
http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/tv/poll/

Vote for Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, Who's the Boss etc!!

I want Facts of Life and Silver Spoons :)

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My all time fav is Head of the Class though I haven't seen an episode in 10 years. I know Cheers season 1 is coming out soon.
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Just wanted to let you know that Head of the Class is on Nick at Night. I saw it last Friday night at like 3 or 4 a.m. Check your listings :) Perfect Strangers was also on...It was good to see Balki again...lol!!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks!
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, season one of Cheers and Frasier ironically come out in May on the very day that Cheers went off the air ten years ago.

Can't wait till the day ALL sitcoms are moved to DVD. No more syndication hatchet jobs and commercials. You'll pretty much be able to your own program director.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what the only thing I'd love to be able to get on DVD, a few complete seasons of 'Miami Vice'. I've looked for them but they come mostly from Europe, mostly only one or two select episodes that were most popular and about 20 or 30 dollars a piece. You'd think that a show inspired by 48 HRS. and Hill Street Blues..not to mention paving the way for Beverly Hills Cop, Stakeout, Lethal Weapon and Rush Hour would be a good price risk for whoever owns that show. But nobody cares anymore, they just keep spinning out Law and Order by-products that get worse and more obscene every week
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a full DVD treatment of Square Pegs? Some of its stars like Sarah Jessica Parker are all over prime time. Married with Children would be nice as well. Can anyone tell me when that reunion show is? Also it's your move with Jason Bateman was underrated. Parker Lewis can't lose would be great to see in its entirety on DVD.

Andrew

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
JETTA00
Senior Rewinder
Member # 240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JETTA00     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish Family Ties would come out on DVD. I would love to see every single episode because it is not only my favorite 80's sitcom, but my favorite sitcom of all time. I realize that it is on Nick at Nite but it's on really late plus I would like to OWN the complete set. I'd even settle for it on VHS. I would like to see the very first episode and the very last episode, and all the ones in between!! Does anyone else love Family Ties??
Posts: 64 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like all the tv shows mention here and even though this isnt really 80s. I would love to see Love boat and especially Three's company.

Mr. Roper rules!!!!

Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to have Family Ties on DVD too. Aside from CNBC and the two news channels I don't really watch TV anymore. I hate that political commentary garbage that takes over the news channels when the trading day ends, so other than the Abrams Report theres' nothing else I watch. It would be cool to have unedited episodes of Miami Vice or Perfect Strangers that I havent seen in years to watch when I had time to kill, when you think about it though the only shows that were ever released in collections were shows the ones that got the highest consistant ratings year after year... But Simon and Simon, Hill Street Blues, Family Ties..they didn't really make as big a splash as something like All In the Family (however annoying that show is to me, the sound of every voice on that show drives me crazier than the Clorox commercials).
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of OConner's post:
quote:
But Simon and Simon, Hill Street Blues, Family Ties....they didn't really make as big a splash as something like All In the Family...

The reason for that is "All In The Family" was not just merely very popular, but also was very controversial for its time. It was one of the first sitcoms to tackle and confront topical (and touchy) subject matters during the late 60's and early 70's. It offended a lot of people, mainly because of Archie's use of cusswords and racial/reglious slurs, but it also broke the unwritten code of taboos when it came to controversial subject matters. It sure wasn't anything like "The Brady Bunch" or "The Partridge Family!".

Simon & Simon, Hill Street Blues, Family Ties, and others were undoubtedly great shows that had a large audience. But they weren't exactly controversial. "Hill Street Blues" might be considered as innovative and groundbreaking, in terms of the way cop shows were done, though.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they'd finish the job they started with Knight Rider in the UK, only 3 DVDs with 9 episodes in total, picture quality is excellent but it's not enough, I want all the episodes!

Another show I'd love to see again is Automan.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Married with Kids kiiiiiiinda took a step in the right direction, releasing their Wildest Eps. or whatever the dvd is called.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home