iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Footloose

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Footloose
Akasha
Rewind Curious
Member # 24

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Akasha   Email Akasha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know who sang - "Let's Hear it for the Boys" in the movie? I know the person who sings the song is Dennis Williams BUT I need to know who sang the song in the movie? Can anyone help me with this? Thx
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
OConner880
Master Rewinder
Member # 415

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for OConner880   Email OConner880   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of times a popular song will be performed by someone else in a movie, for whatever reason. You'll almost never find it anywhere..but if somebody else sang it in 'Footloose' just look at the credits in the movie. On the soundtrack listing it'll probably show you who did the song for the film.
Posts: 186 | From: Saint James, NY, USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now remember I've not seen the movie for a few years before telling me how wrong I probably am - but wasn't this song the one played on the radio when Ariel was parked up at the burger place (or whatever it was) - when her father came along right at the end and shut the radio off?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Let's hear it for the boy" was performed by Denice Williams in both the movie and on the soundtrack CD...

The track was used as the backing for Chris Penn's dance lessons given to him by Kevin Bacon.

Hope that helps!

(The song at the drive in burger joint was "Dancing in the sheets" by Shalamar)

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOH!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home