iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Deadly Fire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deadly Fire
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was terrible to hear about the deadly fire in Rhode Island last night. The 80's rock band 'Great White' were onstage when it happened. Their pyrotechnics caught the stage and ceiling on fire, the blaze engulfed the club in about 2 minutes. So far 54 are dead and their guitarist is still missing. What a tragedy............

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is a tragedy. Normally, I would not mentioned it on this website, except that an 80's band was involved.

Click here:
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/1995384/detail.html

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a more comprehensive story on the deadly fire.

But it seems that the place, no matter how small it was, should've installed a fire sprinkler system.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/21/deadly.nightclub.fire/index.html

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have over 20 80s compilation CDs and thought I knew every one hit wonder to all the big bands, but can't say I had ever heard of Great White until today.

The numbers still stun me. Sure, the 60 dead, but 150 injured, bringing the total amount of people in there to at least 210?? On a worknight??

Wow.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Part of McFly's comment:
quote:
I have over 20 80s compilation CDs and thought I knew every one-hit wonder to all the big bands, but can't say I had ever heard of Great White until today...

Great White was one of those "big hair" hard-rock bands from the 80's, and was formed in Los Angeles.

They had two Top-40 hit singles, but their biggest hit was "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", a Top-5 hit single back in 1989. It was originally recorded by Ian Hunter in 1975.

I just heard a TV news report that the local police are going to charge the club owners. But my guess is that there are going to be numerous lawsuits between the nightclub, the band, the survivors inside the club, and the families of the deceased.

I'm not a legal expert, but the results could get very ugly. And it is possible that the band could be sued out of existence.

A shame. :-(

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home