iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Breakin' the movie, all time favorite? i think so

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakin' the movie, all time favorite? i think so
Damien666
Rewind Curious
Member # 130

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Damien666   Email Damien666   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont kare what anyone says and i dont kare what you think. electric boogaloo and the rest of the gang are the best dancers ever casted in a movie...that and beat streets...just wanted everyone to know that!! peace to all the B-boys and B-girls
MC Breakers...Orange County Represent

Posts: 1 | From: Huntington Beach CA, United States | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
silencetheepilogue
Rewind Curious
Member # 1115

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for silencetheepilogue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The Breakin' movies were cool, but they're an exception to the rule: all other hip hop and rap blows. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
CruelSummer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CruelSummer   Email CruelSummer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps there are some that agree, but I don't I think the rap and hip hop culture of the 80's generation was awesome. It was revolutionary and fresh. Creating a musical genre with it's own signature dance style (breakdancing), is an exceptional feat. As for the crass, booty shaking, garbage that is manufactured currently by MTV flunkies? They all pretty much SUCK!
Posts: 58 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
CruelSummer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CruelSummer   Email CruelSummer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoo...I totally should have proofread my first sentence...I DO think the hip hop and rap culture of the 80's generation is awesome, LOL.
Posts: 58 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, the Breakin movies are right up there with the best. They just appealed to me the most and really helped define an entire generation. I never grow tired of watching them. One thing that I find strange is that when I'm watching the Breakin movies, they're acually kids movies, but I'm 28 and I enjoy them as much as I did back then.
Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home