iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80s Summer Camp movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80s Summer Camp movie
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering everyones favorite summer camp movie. Looking to buy some dvd or vhs of summer camp movies need some good suggestions thanks in advance.
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I like 'Meatablls' but that was actualy released in '79. That's a funny one.

I also like a couple of horror ones like 'Sleep Away Camp' and Summer Camp Nightmare'. They're very campy(no pun intended).

Well that's all I can think of off hand!
let us know what you get!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali_with_an_i wrote:
quote:
Well, I like "Meatballs" but that was actualy released in '79. That's a funny one.

Wasn't there a sequel to "Meatballs" that came out sometime during the 80's? I don't think it had Bill Murray in it, though.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked up "Little Darlings" read the review on this site and a lot of memories came back about seeing this one. But i havent seen it in ages probably since back then. Has anyone seen "Little Darlings" lately?
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
CruelSummer
Senior Rewinder
Member # 120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for CruelSummer   Email CruelSummer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it last month. A surprisingly good movie. With a lot of familiar faces. Matt Dillon is absolutely adorable.
Posts: 58 | From: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA | Registered: Aug 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poison Ivy with MJ FOX and Nancy Mckeon--It was made for tv, but good.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
Yep Poison Ivy is good. Got that one on vhs along with Meatballs dvd. I could of swore that there were more of these summer camp films back in the late 70s-80s that were not of the horror genre.
mansfield
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 939

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mansfield   Email mansfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Burning",very scary,one of my fav slashers.And about summer camp...
Posts: 21 | From: moscow,russia | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, unfortunately a lot of 80s camp films are horror. I love F13 and the like, but there aren't a lot of comedies to choose from.

"Meatballs 2" would be my fave, but a lot of ppl hated that film. "Up the Creek" I still haven't seen, "The Wrong Guys" is very silly but I liked it. Hmm, tough to think of any others.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home