iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fear No Evil (1981)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fear No Evil (1981)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"High school student turns out to be personification of Lucifer.
Two arch angels in human form (as women) take him on." (IMDb)

Well here it is, Frank LaLoggia´s (Lady in White) first movie, Fear No Evil.
Once again LaLoggia has written, directed and produced his film.
He has also composed some music.

This is a good early 80s religion themed horror film.
Many times i find out these kind of movies the scariest ones.

-

You can see Lucifer in his high school years, lots of teens and school scenes here.
There´s also a basketball kill scene in the school gym, way before Deadly Friend [Cool]
I also loved the old school special effects, fantastic stuff!

Stefan Arngrim (Class of 1984) did a good job in the leading role.
I have to give credit for the rest of the cast too. Very believable characters.

The interesting soundtrack includes tunes from The Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Boomtown Rats, Talking Heads
and the end credits theme song "Fear No Evil" preformed by band called Trybe.

Recommended for early 80s supernatural horror fans!

Fear No Evil trailer

I own this supercool Embassy Home Entertainment VHS tape:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Wow i remember that vhs copy i used to see it all the time at the local mom & pops video rental store. It look so scary as i kid think thats why i never picked it up. I would like to see it now..wonder if its on dvd?
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes it is. [Smile]

It was released in 2003 on region 1 dvd by Anchor Bay Entertainment.
And it got the royal treatment for its dvd-release. There's some pretty cool extra's too,
including commentary and behind-the-scenes footage.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Well, yes it is. [Smile]

It was released in 2003 on region 1 dvd by Anchor Bay Entertainment.
And it got the royal treatment for its dvd-release. There's some pretty cool extra's too,
including commentary and behind-the-scenes footage.

-

How right you are i just saw it on amazon for less then $8 and snatched it up [Smile]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go! Get ready to be evilized [Cool]
Give us your comments after you´ve seen it.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked this up on DVD about 5 years ago. I seem to recall it was filmed in Canada? I have to watch it again, first time I have heard someone know about this film on here. Found some scened with Lucifer kind of frightening and well done for it's time.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The film was actually shot around the Boldt Castle in Alexandria Bay, New York and Rochester, New York.
IMDb says that producer Charles M. LaLoggia thought it was an ideal place to set a horror film
and approached his cousin director Frank LaLoggia to write a film around the location.

Fear No Evil was called Lucifer in some countries.

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dutch Fear No Evil VHS cover with alternate artwork, also released by Embassy
 -

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Supercool Dutch cover art, Johnny!
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like my kind of movie. I may have to try to track down a copy of this one. Unfortunately on the Canadian Amazon site new copies are selling for around $60 and used ones for $50. A bit too rich for my blood!
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to watch this one again. Underrated.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why have I never heard of this till now??
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home