iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Frog Dreaming (1986)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Frog Dreaming (1986)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"American boy, Cody, whoose parents have died, lives in Australia with his guardian, Gaza.
Cody is very imaginative, inventive, and inquisitive.
He comes accross some strange events happenning in Devil's Knob national park
associated with an aboriginal myth about "frog dreamings". Cody tries to investigate..." (IMDb)

Just bought and watched Frog Dreaming aka The Quest aka The Go-Kids aka The Spirit Chaser [Smile]
I think that it was a nice kids adventure flick.

The film was written by Everett De Roche (Patrick, Roadgames, Razorback etc.) and
directed by Brian Trenchard-Smith (The Man from Hong Kong, Turkey Shoot, BMX Bandits, Dead-End Drive In etc.)
I love these two fellas!

Frog Dreaming stars Henry Thomas, Tony Barry, Rachel Friend, Tamsin West and John Ewart.
Thomas was decent but i loved Friend and West.
Very good, energetic performances.

Not a classic but if you like BMX Bandits you should like this one too.

Frog Dreaming trailer

Lots of excellent poster art from different countries:

US movie poster
 -

US Videocassette poster
 -

UK VHS cover
 -

Finnish VHS cover art
 -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not familiar with Frog Dreaming, but i always felt intrigued by this title ever since i first read aTomiK's review some 8 years ago.

With the prospect of a North-American dvd and blu-ray release (through Kino Lorber, under its alternate The Quest title)
scheduled for August 11th, i thought the time was ripe to bump this thread in order to give it some more attention. [Smile]

I can't comment on the actual movie (yet), but the upcoming disc looks to be a first-class release, with a 4K restored transfer
and a wealth of special features that include interviews with all the main actors as well as director Brian Trenchard-Smith.

Full specs and details : https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26906

To be continued...

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home