iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Tuff Turf - Devo review

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tuff Turf - Devo review
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yeah so after years of remembering the commercial on TV, Netflix gave the the opportunity to see Tuff Turf. And I must say, I enjoyed the hell out of that movie. Kim Richards (Meatballs 2) totally hot there and then decided to fall off the face of the earth. Spader was great and so, more importantly was Robert Downey Jr.

I was totally impressed. The Soundtrack was great, there was action and probably the worst sex scene I have ever seen in a movie. (FYI, that wasn't Richards)

-

Watch it now. It's worth it.

Any other Netflix oddball suggestions?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww Man TUFF TURF is my movie bought it off of amazon back in 2007 [Cool] That song "Love Hates" at the start of the movie is the best!

[ 22. September 2012, 09:40: Message edited by: CrashesParties n TheValley ]

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my....I was expecting Devo not to like it.....I thought you'd only start a post if you disliked it muahahahaha

I saw it for the first time a couple years ago.....it's great! awesome cheesy acting and music.....really great not so known gem!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never heard of this one but bought it because it was part of a two pack with Under The Boardwalk. I've always like James Spader especially in The New Kids. You're right Muffy the acting was pretty cheesy but for me thats usually a staple in 80s movies that I love. The music was awesome as well.
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love the opening credits with marianne faithful's love hates playing - http://youtu.be/xXciglIHCwA .

tuff turf is a really great movie,yeh tiffany i also love the new kids,one of my faves.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3aMJFuwDg
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another totally Awesome song played in the movie is.. The Jim Carroll Band "Its Too Late" This is a really good song and having Tony Stark/Ironman playing the drums makes it all too cool [Cool]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie to death, much to the annoyance of some people. The perfect mixture of cheese and 80's urban nihilism. Love Spader, Downey and Richards in this movie, the villan Nick Hauser is awesome too. Usually watch it once a year. If you like this try to seek out 3:15 the moment of truth.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jim Carrol band. Thanks, Crashes. I thought that was the guy from Oingo Boingo.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home