iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Howling films of the 80s (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Howling films of the 80s
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I loved the legendary end credits [Big Grin]

I totally thought I bet Atomik loves this part LOL
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Howling III - So this one goes into pure comedy horror which isn't my fave type of horror but I can't say I didn't have a good time with this. The story is just absolutely bonkers and I had such a giggle from the minute that baby arrives. Like the first one it had a great ending. 6/10
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
There´s also lots of scientific mumbo jumbo and sometimes i felt that
i was watching a documentary from science channel.

Haha [Big Grin]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m glad that you survived the wrath of Stirba and the yuckiness of The Marsupials, Helen because i know that one has to have some willpower to go through this stuff.

I see that you are a strong individual whom i respect more everyday [Big Grin]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen The Howling. Sorry! I'm curious, how does it play for a Halloween movie? Would it kind of fit that vibe? I like watching horror movies around Halloween, so wondering if I should try The Howling this year!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the original Howling will do just fine as a halloween movie.
Autumn is THE time for werewolves and i´m going to rewatch An American Werewolf in London one of these days.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Howling IV - Oh come now, what was this! It felt much more like a TV pilot that didn't go any further than a film. The acting was atrocious and looked half dubbed a lot of the time. Plus side, the last 10 minutes were great fun. Please tell me the next 4 are better. 3/10
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:

But is it a good movie..? No it isn´t.
This straight to video movie is so boring that i started to miss the craziness what parts 2 and 3 had.
And that is not a good sign. In fact, it is dangerous [Big Grin]

God, me too!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Howling V - While no match for another werewolf whodunnit, The Beast Must Die (1974), this was the best sequel so far. It was really atmospheric and just stunning to look at. I need to live in that castle right now! I also liked how you only seen bits and pieces of the werewolf and the dramatic music was priceless! 7/10
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Howling V - While no match for another werewolf whodunnit, The Beast Must Die (1974), this was the best sequel so far. It was really atmospheric and just stunning to look at. I need to live in that castle right now! I also liked how you only seen bits and pieces of the werewolf and the dramatic music was priceless! 7/10

I've never seen Howling 5 but I'm sure I read that it was shot in Budapest and filmed at the Budapest Castle,if so i have been to Buda Castle and also to the Buda underground labyrinth which for a tourist attraction is pretty eerie!

I wouldn't mind checking out part 5 for this reason alone and also that most people do say that this is one of the slightly better sequels in the series!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I'm soooo jealous!!!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Howling VI: Freaks - Oh yay, this might be my favourite of the series so far! I just loved the whole feel of this one, the nice slow build and I'm just a sucker for freaky carnival stuff. I loved the 2 main guys especially the Harker character who reminded me so much of Michael Redgrave. The transformations were cool and I kind of admired the cheek of the Hammer Dracula rip near the end. 8/10
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Howling VII: Mystery Woman - I was loving this at first. It reminded me of the not so great but entertaining made for TV country films I watched as a teen. Oddly it was once it went heavily into the werewolf side of it that I was turned off. The terrible reaching of linking in parts 4 and 5 really bugged me. Also worst transformation ever! 5/10
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Howling: Reborn - This one is your typical modern teen horror romance. Watchable enough I suppose. About the best I can say really. 5/10
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home