iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Undercover movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Undercover movies
Megaforce
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7183

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Megaforce   Email Megaforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for movies about cops who goes undercover at schools ... Any tips?
Posts: 70 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plain Clothes would fit this criteria. It stars fellow Independence, Missourian Arliss Howard.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hiding out... Well he's not a cop, but it works.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, I was thinking of that too.

I was originally thinking 21 Jump Street and then I thought, no that's a series but then as I was driving today I saw a billboard for the new 21 Jump Street movie. There is absolutely no way I would watch it.

How come there seems to be a growing fad for taking TV series and turning it into a movie while trying to add a comedic twist to it - and failing miserably. Gives me the......

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under Cover (1987) is the obvious choice.
Still haven´t got this movie in my collection...

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The best ones from the 80's have been mentioned.. I enjoyed "Plain Clothes", but like so many others have said in the past .. Arliss Howard who played the clever Nick Dunbar just appeared to old by the time it was filmed. Still a good movie though.

I would think if you are really interested in this scenario that the to series "21 Jump Street" is your best bet though.

But I'll offer one more that just missed the 80's that I vaguely remember as a young kid:

-

The series centered around the cases of Dan Shay (David Cassidy), a policeman in his late 20s working as part of an LAPD undercover team headed by Sgt. Walt Abrams. Much like The Mod Squad before him, Dan generally played the youth angle, infiltrating a gang of young bank robbers, posing as a college student to crack an illegal adoption racket, pretending to be a drug addict to nail a doctor selling narcotics prescriptions.

-

The tv series was actually a spin-off of a two-hour "Police Story" movie called 'A Chance to Live' (original title: Narc - which was way better) that featured Cassidy as an undercover cop infiltrating high school drug rings. As crazy as this might sound, Cassidy was nominated for an Emmy as best dramatic actor. NBC, impressed by the high-ratings and critical acclaim for the Police Story episode, quickly commissioned a short-lived tv series.

Definitely worth checking out.. though I'm sure it will seem way dated now.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megaforce
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7183

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Megaforce   Email Megaforce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for these tips:)
Posts: 70 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home