iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who else saw Batman in theaters when it came out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who else saw Batman in theaters when it came out?
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did, i remembered seeing the cool teaser to it on the "Scrooged" movie and was like "wow". I was hyped for this movie and i saw it about 6 times in theaters even on opening day, it was my most fave movie of the year and i was 8.

I had the merchandise like t-shirts, cards, magazine, comic adaptations, action figures, backpack, lunchbox, coloring book, novel and all that as i was bat-crazy. I ate the cereal, bought and read Batman comics and also watched reruns of the 60's classic show as i was a converted Batman fan.

I was more into Superman, Spider-Man, Hulk and X-Men back then before Batman but thanks to this movie he became my fave superhero since.

Did this movie made anyone a Batman fan as well?

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too. how about when batman returns was set to come out, i could not wait for that one, i watched the trailer for it 30 some times, just in one day at wal mart

the animated series as well got me hooked.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw, 'Batman' in the theaters in the Philippines when it was released. There was a massive merchandising campaign that took place. There was television special promoting the film. They mentioned that the Batmobile was built on a Mustang chassis.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
me too. how about when batman returns was set to come out, i could not wait for that one, i watched the trailer for it 30 some times, just in one day at wal mart

the animated series as well got me hooked.

Same here, the early 90s were a great time for Bat-Mania with all those
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you guys think of the new Batman movies compared to 89 and Returns?

For me I loved 89 and Returns, and didn't care for the new ones. They seemed to practical and not theatrical enough. I read somewhere that they wanted to make it as realistic as possible. This is I feel one of the follies of modern Comic movies, when you are dealing in the fantastic practicality is a killjoy.

X-Men movie Wolverine should have been dressed in the classic brown and yellow, It’s not ridiculous, it’s the character.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Seeing Batman in 89 was amazing. Seeing Batman forever was a nightmare.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forever was terrible, Batman and Robin even worse. But I was talking about Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, where as it was at least good for them to take themselves serious agian I thought they took themselves too seriously and lost the fantastic elements that make comic characters larger than life.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i liked forever when i first watched it at the theater, but not as well as batman 89, years later i did not like forever hardly at all, batman and robin i instantly disliked.

its funny, one of my favorite theathers to go to from my childhood, and i dont remember having a bad movie going expierence there at all

but at a new multiplex a town away i had terrible moments there, such as batman and robin, indy 4, the matrix 3 and pirates 3.

seems like there was a bit of magic in that old movie house. its a shame its no longer in business.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home