iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Intruder (1989)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intruder (1989)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The overnight stock crew of a local supermarket find themselves being stalked and slashed by a mysterious maniac.

If you've never seen "Intruder", I recommend it to true fans of 80's slashers. You might not go shopping at your local grocery store late at night ever again though. [Eek!]

-

"Intruder" stars Elizabeth Cox who appears to only have a decent size role this one film for her career, but now I'm intrigued to see if I can spot her in movies like "Sixteen Candles", "The Allnighter", "The Wraith", and most notably "Night of the Creeps" next time I watch them.

-

^-- wait a second, is that Betty Finn from "Heathers" pricing bread? More interesting.. is that Renee Estevez? .. sister to Emilio and Charlie Sheen. I didn't know she was in "Heathers" for years, so I definitely forgot she was in this film.

-

"I'm just crazy about this store."

Sorry sir, we're closed!

Now for the fun part .. this movie was like an "Evil Dead II" reunion of sorts.. you will see Sam Raimi, Dan Hicks, Ted Raimi, and Bruce Campbell in entertaining roles. I've always respected the friendship between Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell and it says a lot that Bruce almost always shows up in Raimi's films.. though they were just actors in this early venture.

"Intruder" follows the path of many 80's slashers, but I really enjoy the ending!

If you're interested, it is available on Netflix Instant watch.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own the dvd and because of this thread i need to watch the film asap!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The recently released dvd / blu-ray combo-pack is waiting for me at my import dvd store.
It was already available on dvd here in Holland, but the new Synapse release improves on it in
every way.
It's a fun movie, but the first time i saw it, my expectations were a little too high, i think.
It comes nowhere close to any of the Evil Dead movies, but compared to most other American
horrorfilms of the late 80's, it's a good, entertaining movie..
but that may just be my opinion.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the Intruder on Netflix instant watch last summer. Sigh. I sooo wanted to like it...it had such good premise. Maybe I should try it again??
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought intruder was pretty good,just not that memorable,put it this way i only watched this the other year and remember very little from it apart from some pretty out there gore scenes.

looking at valleys screenshots has refreshed my memory a bit,yeh this was quite a fun low budget horror flick,i have the uncut uk dvd they released a few years back,i'm going to grab it of my shelf for another viewing shortly.

but overall yeh i give it the thumbs up!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the scoop on this one Valley. I come from a family that was in the grocery store biz so this will be great for me to watch! LOL!

I like you're "I'm just crazy about this store" quote followed up with Sorry sir, we're closed. I laughed out loud [Big Grin] !

I'm always looking for old stuff to add on Netflix that I haven't seen. This will be in my queue ASAP!

Had no idea the Sheen's had a sister. Neat!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never heard of this one before. Watched it on utub. Very cool. Kinda slow at points, but the bad guy was funny and cracked me up.
Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Intruder last night and it was pretty good.
Very low-budget but fun stuff.

Cool cast, crazy camera angles and some wicked and nasty kills.
Ted Raimi was once again ultracool nerd and what was that stupid tune he listened with his walkman [Big Grin]

The story was simple, the teens get killed one by one but there was a couple of nice twists in the end.

Intruder was originally called Night Crew, here´s an early promoposter:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across the trailer for the 2009 movie Cornered starring Steve Guttenberg, and i must say
that it shows some remarkable similarities to Intruder, most notably the convenience-store after-dark setting.

I haven't seen the 2009 movie, but judge for yourselves : www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlyMHZvQA_I

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i liked cornered,thought it was a cool little low budget slasher,it's about a group of people working in a late night convenience store who one night say what they would like to do to a serial killer who's operating in the local area.

he happens to over hear there plans and then disposes of them in the exact same method they intended to use on him.

steve guttenberg as the shop delivery man was pretty decent in this and for what was probably thrown together on quite a tight budget turned out way better than what i had originally expected.

well worth a watch.

[ 17. April 2012, 15:06: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home