iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Actor/Actress that fizzled out fast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Actor/Actress that fizzled out fast
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know its not the best topic but I am looking for actors/actresses that had a part in a movie(not the lead)and we thought they might go on to bigger things but made a film or 2 after, then basically disappeared. Dolph Lundgren is 1 example I can think of. After busting out in Rocky whatever, made some lead appearances then vanished. Thanks for the responses if there are any. Goodday
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Jerry Levine, best known for his role as "Stiles" in Teen Wolf. Even though he did have a couple more minor roles in movies like "Iron Eagle" & "Born on the 4th of July", they were nowhere near as memorable as his role in Teen Wolf. And I don't recall seeing him in anything else since.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
matthew causey who played the main character pondo sinatra in one of my 80s faves the party animal ,this was his only role except for a very brief uncredited cameo in the same directors my chauffer a couple of years later.

he's now teaches drama at the trinity film college in dublin ireland - http://www.dance-tech.net/profile/MCausey .

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Christopher Atkins, who's career more or less died off after The Blue Lagoon and the disaster that was A Night in Heaven.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martin Hewitt--Endless Love, Out of Control...straight to TV.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aileen Quinn - After "Annie" came out, she then appeared in some low-budget and made-for-TV projects and stopped acting just after she reached her teens.
Posts: 4119 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Schoeffling......Sixteen Candles, Vision Quest...(two great movies!) and then he more or less disappeared. I thought he was the next teenage leading man type but oh well....
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerri Green who played in The Goonies (1985) and Lucas (1986).
She was very good in both of these movies.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

On my All Star Team for this category I give you The Paper Boy from Better off Dead, who was also the Son in Back to the Beach. Man, great movies for Demian Slade.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt Adler, the younger brother of Stiles in Teen Wolf and a few other 80's flix, and then the lead in "North Shore", not much after that though.
Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
William Ostrander !

He played Buddy Repperton in John Carpenter's Christine (1983), but not really much after that.
Imdb says he had a small part in David Lynch's Mulholland Drive though.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first contribution to this thread is:  

-

Billy Jacoby

-

Actually, Billy has a fairly decent resume for his acting career, but after dazzling us in "Just One of the Guys" and following it up with a nice run on "Parker Lewis Can't Lose".. Billy has never able to find the magic of Buddy again for some reason.

When I watch "Just One of the Guys" .. Billy is just fantastic and I often sit there wondering why he didn't get more opportunities to showcase his skills.  

Hey Ronnie.. where's Quentin Tarantino at on this guy?  ha

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets go opposite of this topic
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home