iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Once Bitten - soundtrack Rocks..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Once Bitten - soundtrack Rocks..
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi yall..long time no speak! Hope all are well!

I love the tracks;

stop talking about us- 3-speed
The picture- hubert kah

I was watching this movie the other night and the soundtrack just warped me back to the past..

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie!
How about the theme tune "Once Bitten" also from 3-Speed.
Perfection!

3-Speed - Once Bitten

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers aTamik!

I like that one also..

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHOGUN:
Hi yall..long time no speak! Hope all are well!

I love the tracks;

stop talking about us- 3-speed
The picture- hubert kah

I was watching this movie the other night and the soundtrack just warped me back to the past..

One of my fave soundtracks.. and those are my favorite tracks on the soundtrack as well SHOGUN!!
Awesome!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
You Rock Ronnie!!!!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said this before, but I never really seeked out tunes of 80's movies in the past. I just felt as though I would overplay them and the songs might lose some of their significance.

However, Rewinders like Ronnie and Cindy Mancini kinda of convinced me differently on that crazy approach. Well, maybe 'convince' is the wrong word.. they just started sending me a few incredible obscure tunes which blew me away and then the next thing you know .. I'm like the 80's movie soundtrack request line especially to Ronster.

I will say that I'm still a bit careful to try not to overplay soundtrack tunes, but it hard ya know.

I'm a huge fan of all the tunes mentioned above.. 3 Speed is amazing with the tunes "Once Bitten" and "Stop Talking About Us" from the "Once Bitten" soundtrack. But even better for me is the 3 Speed tune "Wind Me Up' from "RAD"!!

Gotta say that Pyro is always mentioning the "Once Bitten" soundtrack as well.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You Rock Ronnie!!!!

[Big Grin]

Val.. ever since you told me about trying to not overplay the soundtrack music, I remember it well because I tend to go through phases with certain types of movies. I think I made this mistake with the music from a few movies. So I definitely make sure that I listen in moderation!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
the picture song is so typical 80's, gothic and mellow with that slight synth touch to it. I love that!
Anymore songs like that?

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the picture song is so typical 80's, gothic and mellow with that slight synth touch to it. I love that!
Anymore songs like that?

The song "Beauty Has Her Way" by Mummy Calls from "The Lost Boys" Soundtrack comes to mind.

[ 27. December 2011, 09:11: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yes..I've mentioned before that this is one of my favorite 80's Movie Soundtracks as well. My Top 5 Favorite songs from the soundtrack would probably go a little something like this:

1. "Blue Night Shadow" - Two of Us
2. "The Picture" - Hubert Kah
3. "You're On My Mind" - Kevin Mcknely
4. "Once Bitten" - 3-Speed
5. "Just One Kiss" - Maria Vidal

[ 03. January 2012, 18:02: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
1. "Blue Night Shadow" - Two of Us
5. "You're on my Mind" - Kevin McKnely

Pyro, those tracks are great! Love "You're On My Mind!!!" [Smile]

Gonna rock this soundtrack again, the tunes are just awesome.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yes indeed. "You're on my mind" is a great song. I actually have to edit my list a little and bump that song up a couple spots because I just realized I actually like it more than the title song by 3-Speed.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Pyro, listening to "You're On My Mind" more and more!

"Just One Kiss" is also a great song.. good version. I also dig the Rick Springfield version:

Rick Springfield - Just One Kiss

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thats a good version too Ronster..I think I still prefer Maria's version a little more though.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

[Smile] [Smile]
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always loved it when a movie had a 80's rock pop song of the same title that rocked. How many can you name?

Once Bitten
My Science...Science Project!
Gonna Get It Next Time - Modern Problems
Aint Nobody that Spies Like Us
Killer Klowns
Revenge of the Nerds
Coming to America
Armed and Dangerous...Will you take the risk?
Club Paradise
Goonies Are Good Enough
I Fight to Survive - Bloodsport

Can anyone think of any others, I would like to hear them.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch Gannon:
I always loved it when a movie had a 80's rock pop song of the same title that rocked. How many can you name?

Once Bitten
My Science...Science Project!
Gonna Get It Next Time - Modern Problems
Aint Nobody that Spies Like Us
Killer Klowns
Revenge of the Nerds
Coming to America
Armed and Dangerous...Will you take the risk?
Club Paradise
Goonies Are Good Enough
I Fight to Survive - Bloodsport

Can anyone think of any others, I would like to hear them.

Ghostbusters
Just One of the Guys
Fame
Footloose
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Howard the Duck
UHF
Valley Girl
The Last Unicorn
A View to a Kill
Weird Science
To Live and Die in L.A.
Staying Alive
Purple Rain
The Neverending Story

..There's some more for you, most of these films have title songs in them that I like..Others, mehh..are just OK at best.

[ 30. January 2012, 13:26: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are a lot of good ones. I wonder would you count
Back in Time - Huey Lewis for Back to the Future?

Romancing the Stone - Though it was only used on a radio in the movie.

One I forgot to begin with

Bit by Bit Fletch is working over Time!

Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home