iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie Theatres That Play Old Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie Theatres That Play Old Movies
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After viewing Valley's thread about movies from 25 years ago, I was wondering.....do you guys have theatres close by that play old classics? I noted earlier that I got to see Top Gun at the drive-in a few weeks back, but that's a "once in a blue moon" thing around here. I would love love love our theatre to do that, and I'm always jealous when hearing about people going to see classics at the theatre. Who here's got one....and are there leagal issues around theatres doing this? Hmmmmmm....I'm thinking if an old theatre did that around here and played a new movie each night.....you could pack em' in on a pretty regular basis....OK....I'm opening one!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The old ENGLEWOOD Theatre in the Independence Mo area used to play oldies like Grease, Wiz of Oz, Raiders of the Lost Ark and others. I frequented this theatre alot when I was a child with my mom and 2 sisters. We would hit the Ben Franklin next door to it with about 50 cents each and buy a bag full of candy to take into the movie. Back then(70's- early 80's) they played new movies. They played old classic movies up until a few years back. Would love to own the ENGLEWOOD THEATRE letters with the glass blown lights.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home