iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any thoughts on this on? I remember wanting to see it soooo badly when I was young, and my parents wouldn't let me watch it for whatever reason. It comes on one of the HBO channels later in the month, and I plan on DVRing it. However, it got less than stellar member reviews on Netflix. I think my original reasoning for wanting to see it dealt with River Phoenix, who was my current crush at that time.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the VHS tape recently
and will watch the movie right after my Robert Ginty marathon [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Definitely count me as a fan River Phoenix with movies such as "Stand By Me", "Running On Empty", "My Own Private Idaho", and "Sneakers" topping the list.

-

Petty and aTomiK.. I know Cindy Mancini quite enjoys "A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon" and it has it moments for sure. Definitely worth checking out for River Phoenix, Ione Skye, Matthew Perry, and Meredith Salenger.

I would compare it the 90's movie "Book of Love" .. if you enjoy it.. you might like this film.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well crap lol...I never got past the first 20 min. of Book of Love!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall watching this back in the day. Another movie I haven't seen in a long time... I wasn't quite the fan of River Phoenix, but petty, since you like(d) him, I would definitely give this one a whirl. It's not bad, it's silly and he's very handsome in it.

As for Book of Love.. that one, I do like! [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon': It's the story of a handsome young man and the women who can't resist him over the course of a one-night desperate search for a plot.

quote:
Well crap lol...I never got past the first 20 min. of Book of Love!
Try again!

quote:
I would definitely give this one a whirl. It's not bad, it's silly and he's very handsome in it.
And doesn't he just know it!

quote:
As for Book of Love.. that one, I do like!
Werd.

[ 07. September 2011, 19:54: Message edited by: Logan 5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I will be back to comment on this later when I can give it my full attention!

Love Love LOVE Jimmy!!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Love Love LOVE Jimmy!!
Is it the Jimmy you love... or the River?

Come on - admit it - you could swim in the River during his prime for 90 mins no matter what the movie was like. And who can blame you? It's ok... it's an addiction... don't worry, help is at hand... it's painful and long... but there *is* a cure!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I really liked Book of Love. That is a great movie.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon
and it was a cool coming of age movie.

It was great to see so many familiar faces,
Phoenix, Salenger, Skye, Perry, Louanne...
Ann Magnuson was quite a fox too [Cool]

Good movie!

Oh, i need to get Book of Love too.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home