iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hello Again - Shelly Long

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello Again - Shelly Long
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, just wanted to see what you guys think of this movie. I saw that it was on one of the movie channels yesterday and decided to throw it on the DVR. Is it any good?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gecko.......I gotta tell ya......I always loved Hello Again........I love Shelly Long so much!

I bought this dvd last year and I was disappointed.....the movie wasn't the same for me.....granted it's not bad......but it lost it's charm somewhat......i'd be interested to hear what you say though? with Corbin Bernson and Gabriel Byrne can't be too bad?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
havent seen it yet.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Gecko.......I gotta tell ya......I always loved Hello Again........I love Shelly Long so much!

I'm with you Muffy! I adore Shelly Long! Night Shift, Money Pit & Troop Beverly Hills are favorites & I thought she was hilarious as Carol Brady in the Brady Bunch movies.

I had never seen Hello Again, so I Netflixed in the last 6 months or so & I didn't like it either. I wanted to! I really wanted to add another Shelly flick to my collection but sadly, this wasn't the one.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
money pit would be a great one if you dont have it yet
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I have it Good Package! I mean, come on, it's worth it for The Cheap Girls & The Shirk Bros alone!!

"I am a pizza...da da da da da..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..for my money, The Money Pit would definitely top the list as far as Shelly Long movies go. Troop Beverly Hills is alright for a couple viewing too. But Hello Again didn't do it for me either.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked Hello Again. It's been forever since I've seen it. Long is cute and charming in this..and I've always been a fan of Gabriel Byrne.

It's definitely one of those movies that should be on netflix instant watch.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

i watched this last week for the first time and found it to be pretty enjoyable,shelley long was terrific here,not watched many of her movies but i do own night shift and the money pit and i think they are both hilarious.

loved the scenes where she unsuccessfully try's to mingle with her husbands upperclass buisiness associates and just ends up making a complete fool of herself.

maybe it doesn't hold up to reapeat viewings as muffy has stated above,that i can't say as this is my first time of watching,what i would say though is that even though it doesn't hit the heights of either the money pit or night shift it did make me laugh enough times for me to say this was 90 minutes or so well spent.

a good fun family comedy - 7/10.

[ 18. March 2013, 11:56: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home