iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » She´s Out of Control (1989)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She´s Out of Control (1989)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Doug Simpson lives alone with his two daughters Katie and Bonnie.
Katie has just turned 15 and when Doug is out of town on a business trip she gets herself treatment at a beauty parlor.
She removes her braces and her thick glasses.
Without those, she is a beautiful young woman and the boys line up outside the front door to date her.
But Doug won't accept that his *girl* is seeing *men*.." (IMDb)

Just watched this fun movie again.
It was directed by Stan Dragoti (Mr. Mom, The Man with One Red Shoe)

I love the cast:

Tony Danza, he´s the real star of the movie.
Ami Dolenz, so pretty. Already 20 but playing a 15-year old.
Wallace Shawn as Dr. Fishbinder. "It´s in the book, in the book!"

And the main boyfriends:

Lance Wilson-White, the decent neighbor.
Dana Ashbrook, the rebel.
Matthew Perry, great role as the rich SOB Timothy.

-

I like the music in this movie and i also own the soundtrack cd.
They use it very well.
Some oldies, some pop and dance tunes and two JETBOY hard rock tunes.
Oh yeah, they used Yello´s "Oh Yeah" in the beach scene. Once again [Wink]
And i almost forgot, there was Sembello´s "Maniac" too!

Brenda K. Starr-You Should Be Loving Me

Troy Hinton-Where's The Fire

Paula Abdul dance scenes, George Michael and Bon Jovi posters, cool Jaguar (now smashed)... pure 80s!

Now remember all dads, you gotta have Total Control! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

She's Out Of Control trailer

-

[ 17. February 2012, 02:55: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i rented this out atomik when it first hit the shelves but my video recorder chewed up the tape about 10 minutes into the film.

i kept pretty hush about it when i took it back to the store,never did get round to seeing it after that though!
will have to look out for it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
warrior, too bad that you got to see Dolenz only with the bottle bottom glasses on [Big Grin]

Check it out, it´s a fun, entertaining flick!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK.. another fabulous write-up that makes me want to watch "She's Out of Control" now!

I've always been an Ami Dolenz fan with my fav movie from her being "Miracle Beach".. but this movie is a cute role and of course.. her small but entertaining role in "Can't Buy Me Love" just awesome too.

As far as this movie.. I enjoy it, but remember just be thrown off back in the 80's by the fact it starred Ami Dolenz over Tony Danza's "Who's The Boss?" daughter Alyssa Milano. I'm sure it will seem less awkward to me viewing it now.

Too cool .. on the posters!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another great choice aTomiK, I love this flick.

RAD meets She's Out of Control: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezgGID85CZM

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely loved this movie. Set in 1989 the end of our favorite 80s era, it definitely didn't lack in 80s cheese. Loved the clothes, storylines, actors, and it had Matthew Perry in it as a jerk!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post, aTomik!

I always thought this was a cute movie! [Smile]
Danza as the devoted, paranoid father...haha. The scene at the beach is classic...cracks me up everytime...all the boys and dudes flexing, smiling, staring and Ami Dolenz running in slow mo haha!

"You act like every guy here is after my body" [Big Grin]

I love the music in the movie and also have the soundtrack. 'Where's The Fire' is fun part of the movie, where Katie is getting her transformation!

Another good song from the movie, Oingo Boingo's Winning Side.

And the little sis, Bonnie is funny and cute, and love how she turns out too!

Total control...... TOTAL!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always wanted to see this. Never scored a copy yet.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:

"You act like every guy here is after my body" [Big Grin]

"My body..."

"My body..."

"My body..."

"WOULD YOU STOP BOUNCING!!!"

Funny scene!! Danza looked like a truly horrified father!

I agree with you Ronnie on the soundtrack! I own it too! Don't forget the Brenda K. Starr track, "You Should Be Loving Me." It's alright. I prefer "Where's The Fire." I met Brenda once in a club in the mid 90's. She was super sweet! She was an opening act for the New Kids on their No More Games tour. Sorry, back to the subject at hand [Wink] .

[ 09. August 2011, 10:33: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
atomik i watched this today and really enjoyed it,had me laughing a lot,tony danza made the movie for me,he was perfect and his expressions were priceless!

ami dolenz was great also as was child plays catherine hicks,it even had a small cameo by todd bridges of different strokes fame!

one bit that had me laughing a lot was when he lets his daughter's boyfriend race his jaguar and he stalls it on the train crossing!

real fun movie with a great 80s feel and soundtrack!

[ 09. August 2011, 15:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally watched this movie! I thought it was really cute! Was great to see a young Matthew Perry as the creep Timothy, and also Dana Ashbrook from Twin Peaks and Waxwork. Ami Dolenz was adorable as usual. The dance part at the Prom was awesome! Wanted to see more of that.

I read on IMDb that Gene Siskel hated this movie so much it made him want to quit reviewing movies. Don't really get why he would have that reaction?? I've seen way worse movies...

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home