iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How about "Space Camp"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How about "Space Camp"?
irwinfletcher
Rewind Curious
Member # 829

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for irwinfletcher   Email irwinfletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else remember it?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw the movie, but I do remember watching the TV show "Entertainment Tonight" doing a report on it in 1986.

It said that the movie was the victim of bad luck and bad timing: it was originally scheduled for release around the same time the real-life Challenger space shuttle exploded shortly after takeoff in early 1986. Some of the cast members were interviewed on the show, and they expressed their regret over the real-life tragedy. They seemed concerned that people might think it would be in very bad taste to show a movie like this during a time of tragedy and mourning. And they talked about how the movie was delayed for about six or seven months.

The guy who directed "Space Camp" directed lots of several 80's TV episodes, such as "The Duck Factory", "Paper Dolls", "Mr. Merlin", "Hart To Hart", and also numerous Made-For-TV movies.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that movie! Joaquin Phoenix was the little boy that played with the robot.(I just love him! *giggle,giggle*) It's your basic cheesey happy ending, but it's a good family film.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
snibril
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1120

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for snibril   Email snibril   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, great film! If anyone's interested, it's available on DVD now, you can probably get it from play.com or similar sites.
Posts: 14 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
colleenlawlor
Rewind Curious
Member # 686

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for colleenlawlor   Email colleenlawlor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HERE HERE!!! What a great movie! I still will turn it on if its on TV by chance
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home