iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Who leaves their keys in their car? really?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who leaves their keys in their car? really?
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I watched this 90's movie Late For Dinner about two guys in the 60s that get cryogenically frozen and come back in 91. It's an ok drama.....totally a "honorary 80s feel".........

but what bugged me as one of those "movie cliches" was this scene:

After the two main characters walk onto the street after being frozen for 30 years parked right in front of them is a car with the window down and the keys in it......."i'm sure he left the keys in there for us"

OMG OMG like WHAT'EVER'! [Smile]

it happens so often, people don't do that in real life?? Then it got me thinking....how often in movies where there are cars taken that are just sitting there for the taking?

So going back to TKO's cool post Ronnie revived recently......which I will bump.........

Do you have a specific movie 80s cliche??

One that doesn't make you cringe in disbelief or does?

[ 10. March 2011, 09:23: Message edited by: Muffy Tepperman ]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or keys in the visor? I've never seen anyone outside of a movie do that, but it happens in several movies!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or keys in the front door?

Oh  -

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice guys....go read the older TKO thread I bumped it's funny stuff.....

i'm hoping for exact scenes in 80s movies......maybe even pictures [Smile] i'm going to work on it and when I find them i'll post them.

a work in progress like my on going "public bathrooms in movies" thread [Wink] ha!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy look no further than "Tuff Turf"
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite liked 'Late for Dinner'. Something of an attempt to do a TV 'Forever Young' wasn't it?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
How cool Logan! I just happen to find it interesting on ondemand and I turned out liking it....totally thought of Forever Young the whole time........I really liked Forever Young! [Smile]

and for my buddy Valley:

-

-

-

-

-
and it wasn't even his car.........

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, movie characters seem to have chronic addictions to leaving car keys right in the ignition; most of the time, after all, characters can hop right in, turn the key, and be on the road in five seconds or less (excluding when slashers are chasing them, in which case the car will not start, period, even if you scream at it and slug the wheel).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really doesn't matter if the keys are left in the car anyway, because all the movie stars can hotwire a car in about 2 seconds.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
So I was watching a show this afternoon and the scene went like this:

"so where's Eric's car?"
"probaly in the parking lot like most people's cars are"
"where do you think his keys are?"
"probaly on his body, in his pockets like most people's are"
"what am I going to do?"
"not having keys hasn't stopped you before?"
que the look of aaaaaah haaaa!

OMG I died laughing because I watched it today after writing this......now i'm really going to notice every freaking car stealing scene because of Late For Dinner!! [Big Grin]

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. "Late For Dinner" is an entertaining flick. Peter Berg is somewhat of a quirky actor, but as a director/producer he is amazing.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Savage Streets. I've only seen this once after a few people talking about it on the Rewind, but as I re-call, a group of girls steal a gangs car with the keys it, and take it for a joy ride...with pretty drastic consequences nonetheless.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm doing this just to bug Steven and Jay Lee! haha nah I love the slow clap cliche!!

Those of us that watched CBML together....totally made fun of that part yet you could tell we all love it.....come on it's awesome!! [Smile]

-

-

-

-

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
and this one still makes me tear up!! [Frown]

-

-

-

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home