iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Golden Age of Fast-Rewind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Golden Age of Fast-Rewind
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking about this last week, I think this message board has been tremendous over the last 6 months or so. I'm not an expert because I've only been around for maybe 4 years or so but I really feel like this is the best I've seen the message boards. Seems to be really active, really friendly and most importantly the topics have been awesome! The topics seem fresh and very thought provoking. I just wanted to see if everyone else has noticed this lately as well.

Good Stuff!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing about "golden ages" is that you never know when you're in one! So by that rationale, this can't be it, cuz you just identified it as such.

Good goin' Gordo, you had to jinx it [Razz]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha, well I guess it's a challenge now to everyone to keep it up! So maybe we'll just say it's going well and one day when we look back on it and we may have a label for it [Smile]

Just wanted to give some love to everyone!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I check the Rewind on a daily basis, sometimes more than once, and it's always a highlight in my day. I invest a lot of time trying to be a good husband and a good Dad, and I also work full time....the Rewind is a very welcome break and I always look forward to it. I don't know about everyone else, but, I'm not surrounded by tons of people who share my passion for the 80's....so it's nice to get to talk about the things I love with people who love the same thing.

I used to worry about my inability to contribute to the site, mostly based on time restrictions, but after a while, it becomes more about individual personalities, learning about a cool movie you've never heard of, and once in a while, being able to point someone in the right direction if they have a question about a movie they loved as a kid, but can't quite remember the name of it.

Good observation about the posts gordongecko. It's good to remember to respond to people's posts as much as possible...even if you don't know much about what they may have asked...good to at least acknowledge their efforts...even if it's just to say....sorry...can't help you on that one.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, can't help you on that one [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on 2,000 posts, Helen.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Helen.......FOR NUTTIN!!!! That's one post past 1999 too many..... [Eek!]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outrageous [Eek!]

Go me  -

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The thing about "golden ages" is that you never know when you're in one! So by that rationale, this can't be it, cuz you just identified it as such.
There is nothing true about that statement whatsoever. You lose ten Rewind points...

... but you gain them back because he bought it.

To me, this would be a 'golden age' largely because unlike the first five years or so, people who frequent his site have now seen most of the big / great movies of the 80's. For the first five years of the last decade there was a near constant wall of "I've never heard of / I've never seen that". I honestly believe many people have seen more 80's movies since the year 2000 than they ever did in the 80's.

Yes, this is the third decade of the Rewind!

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Go me  -

Avatar magic. Helen has the power.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey..i rarely post on here but always love to read and touch back with some classic memories..

im sure the oldies here would remember me!

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im digging it here man. this place is alot of fun
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hey Shogun. It's been a while.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home