iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How about Rewind Movie night Can't Buy Me Love Friday March 4th (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How about Rewind Movie night Can't Buy Me Love Friday March 4th
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling only a few days doesn't give us a lot of time to prepare and get people excited to watch Can't Buy Me Love.

So i'm suggesting Friday March 4th!

Then you have some time make plans set things up.....some Rewinders may not own this classic.

Also i'd love to do a live chat along with the movie....like we did with 16Candles where everyone is invited to join.

16Candles ended up being a riot and so much fun....loved watching a movie with people on the same wavelength.

So who's in? anyone have a different idea or suggestions? I'm open to anything!!! Just want to have fun with all of you [Big Grin]

I also wanted to add this Friday i'm too busy washing my hair and out of the country! [Wink]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how does a live chat work?
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in. I own it and ready to go. Muffy may I say that you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!

-

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhododendrons!! Ummmmmm i'm going to sit on the opposite side of Bernie during the movie folks! [Smile] haha

He's known to pull the "Boogie trick" ha!!

Pyro there is a site Chatzy that is free....you don't have to sign up or nothing you just sign in all at the same time and you can type like in a messenger.....all be adding input at the same time........16 Candles was soooooooo much fun. I just set my computer screen like so and watched the movie at the same time.
 -

For all our protection we didn't post it directly on here.......so just any Tom, **** or Harry could pop on and spam.........it's totally free. you in??

So guys I was thinking 8 or 9pm my time pst....so like 11 or 12 est........7am-8am Saturday in England not sure about anywhere else?

Any thoughts?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool. If this chatzy thing works on my touchphone..then you can count me in. Sounds like fun.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
March 4th sounds perfect to me. I was afraid I was going to have to miss this one again because I'm going to see a movie threatre screening of "Labyrinth" this Friday (sooo excited!).
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8-9pm EST would be 4-5am GMT. This could get messy!

quote:
March 4th sounds perfect to me. I was afraid I was going to have to miss this one again because I'm going to see a movie threatre screening of "Labyrinth" this Friday (sooo excited!).
Envy... it's an ugly, ugly thing. You'll be mesmerised by Bowie's mysterious trouser goblin writ large on a 20-foot screen!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not likely to do the chat cos of the time differences, but I will watch it the same night. Just bought it the other week [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Muffy may I say that you have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!

"Rhoda-who..?!" [Wink]

I'll be there in spirit at least... [Smile] 7am Saturday aint gonna happen for me I don't think, which is a shame because I do love this movie and even spent over a week touring the filming locations for this and the Wraith over in Tucson...

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I was starting to wonder if anyone realised that I was quoting Ronald Miller.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Yeah I was starting to wonder if anyone realised that I was quoting Ronald Miller.

Bernie that better be sarcasm! like we haven't all seen CBML 100 times.......! newbie!

Would it work better for the people in England to do it Saturday? during the day for me.......Logan i'm PST but it's still early for you.......I'd love to get the English gang involved........Plus the fact Nick posted, tooooooooooo awesome [Big Grin]

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it works for everyone else it works for me.

suit yourself, im easy

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this movie for the first time, thanks to this site. And once agian it proves that you don't have to see these 80's movies as a kid to appreciate them. Good movie, and I'm willing to watch it again!
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffy, it wasn't sarcasm. I just thought that my comment may have been misinterpreted. Not to say that it was. I was just trying to clear things up, just in case it was.

Simply because I am new to the site, does not mean that I have not done my fair share of 80s movie watching. No need for name calling.

Is there some sort of homage that I need to pay to you because you have been here longer than me?

[ 26. February 2011, 14:53: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm joking with you [Big Grin] i'm never serious.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's all cool  - I am just now going to figure out exactly what time I need to start watching. I absolutely love this movie. I seriously want to do a Caddyshack one aswell. For some reason whenever I think of CBML, my mind always goes to the preview for CBML when Ronald has the fan of money in his hand and is standing outside the clothing shop.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It looks like it would be about 5.30 to 6.30 Saturday night here in Australia, so should be ok.
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a foggy clue how these times relate to Nova Scotia Canada....if anyone has an idea, please let me know. I'm good to go for Friday night....my wife is away for the night with some girlfriends....my little dude's to bed by 8:00PM or so....I'm hoping to do a double feature and enjoy a little alone time. If time frames don't work out, I'll still definitely watch on Friday eve...even if my wife's plans change and she's home...this is one of her favs too.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I believe there is only an hours time difference between EST and AST so if the movie starts at 11pm EST I think you would be looking at the stroke of midnight.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I don't have a foggy clue how these times relate to Nova Scotia Canada....if anyone has an idea, please let me know. I'm good to go for Friday night....my wife is away for the night with some girlfriends....my little dude's to bed by 8:00PM or so....I'm hoping to do a double feature and enjoy a little alone time. If time frames don't work out, I'll still definitely watch on Friday eve...even if my wife's plans change and she's home...this is one of her favs too.....

Hey kev.. you are basically 1 hour ahead of my time.. so whatever time I confirm, it appears you will be an hour later.

For instance, the current plan is start the movie at 11pm EST which would be midnight your time.. sounds late, but it will be only 8pm on the west coast. I'm flexible to start sooner, but we were trying to start later in attempt to include folks in other countries as much as possible.

But apparently Saturday morning is too early for Lawnboy Nick to breakout his riding mower in another failed attempt to get Cindy Mancini's attention.

"Cindy, Oh Cindy.. I was just hoping we could sort this out.. ya know. The real me and the real you. That's all."

Nick and others, it would be a blast to have you in the chat..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
all these different times...ahhhh...i am thoroughly confused now..I'm in the Northwest US...so I'm on pacific time...what time would this be here again now???
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I don't have a foggy clue how these times relate to Nova Scotia Canada....if anyone has an idea, please let me know. I'm good to go for Friday night....my wife is away for the night with some girlfriends....my little dude's to bed by 8:00PM or so....I'm hoping to do a double feature and enjoy a little alone time. If time frames don't work out, I'll still definitely watch on Friday eve...even if my wife's plans change and she's home...this is one of her favs too..... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Hey kev.. you are basically 1 hour ahead of my time.. so whatever time I confirm, it appears you will be an hour later.

For instance, the current plan is start the movie at 11pm EST which would be midnight your time.. sounds late, but it will be only 8pm on the west coast. I'm flexible to start sooner, but we were trying to start later in attempt to include folks in other countries as much as possible.

But apparently Saturday morning is too early for Lawnboy Nick to breakout his riding mower in another failed attempt to get Cindy Mancini's attention.

"Cindy, Oh Cindy.. I was just hoping we could sort this out.. ya know. The real me and the real you. That's all."

Nick and others, it would be a blast to have you in the chat..

Exactly what I said Val, but it was good to read the elaborate version [Big Grin]
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyro.. if we stick with Friday night March 4th at 11pm EST .. that would make it 8pm in the land of "The Goonies"..

So here's a quick recap.. (anyone correct me on their time if you know your time is wrong)

Kev - Midnight
Me, Devo, Secret Admirer - 11pm (some of you might remember SA)
Veronica, Cindy - 10pm (I'm guessing on Cindy)
Ronnie - 9pm
Pyro, Muffy - 8pm
Nick, Logan - 7am Saturday Morning

Bernie, Buddy Revell - 3 O'Clock High .. wait Bernie said 5:30pm on Saturday night to avoid Buddy
Jack and the Good Package - not sure
Kash - he'll figure it out.. but it is like 6am his time or something
Helen - doesn't matter.. she is apparently planning on watching "Fright Night II" instead

Also, if anyone else is interested .. just reply to this thread.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well Valley, can you blame me. Have you seen the size of Buddy, not to mention all those stories about him. What makes it worse is that we are doing Saturday detention together. I am surely gonna keep my distance from him at the urinal this time, sheesh.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe im in the central time zone USA so...

its the time zone directly after the eastern heading west.

its happening march 4th now right?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home