iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite Musical Guests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Musical Guests
Bearcatrock
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bearcatrock   Email Bearcatrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are your favorite guest or starring appearances by musicians who don't normally try acting (i.e., Madonna doesn't count)?

Examples:

(From the background appearance)
Oingo Boingo in Back to School
March Violets in SKOW

(To larger roles)
Rhema in Voyage of the Rock Aliens

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if you are going for real bands appearing in an 80's movie or band members attempting to act.. but here are a few choices:

-

Vixen in "Hardbodies"

-

Jim Carroll in "Tuff Turf"

-

Siouxsie and the Banshees in "Out of Bounds"

-

Tim Cappello in "The Lost Boys"

-

The Red Hot Chili Peppers in Thrashin'

-

The Plimsouls in "Valley Girl"

[ 16. January 2011, 14:38: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcatrock
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9385

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bearcatrock   Email Bearcatrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are great - I never knew Vixen was in Hardbodies - Awesome!

Yep, Sorry about the lack of clarity - Real bands, artists, etc.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bearcatrock:
Those are great - I never knew Vixen was in Hardbodies - Awesome!

Yep, Sorry about the lack of clarity - Real bands, artists, etc.

Vixen is excellent as the Scotty Palmer find 'Diaper Rash' in "Hardbodies".

Fun thread.. let's see what everyone else can come up with..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Hot Date in Spring Break. The lead singer redefined hot.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devo.. I don't care that they were probably a fictional band.. that performance in the movie "Spring Break" is legendary!

-

Hot Date in "Spring Break"

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

But Valley. I own the songs from the soundtrack!

They have to be real!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mentioning valley girl again..

Josie Cotton - she performs 3 songs in the movie

-

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rock and Roll Highschool wasn't an 80s movie, (only by 1 year!) ..the Ramones performances in the movie were awesome.

-

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two favorite musical appearances are The March Violets in Some Kind Of Wonderful and E.G. Daily in Better Off Dead. But since E.G. Daily doesn't fit the criteria, because she's also an actress, I'll take Oingo Boingo in Back To School as a runner up. Josie Cotton in Valley Girl and Vixen in Hardbodies are both high on the list as well.

Honorable mentions:
Rational Youth in Crazy Moon
Missing Persons in Lunch Wagon
Siouxsie and The Banshees in Out Of Bounds

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Blasters, in Streets Of Fire.

-

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always loved E.G in BOD and her bounce and that great heart shaped silver dress!! Always was a favorite part for me. I also think Josie Cotton has that same great 80's bounce! haha I can't find a picture of E.G's dress online and I just own the vhs.

All that you guys mentioned are great! I forget how many there are!!

You could almost make a category of real bands playing at the prom in teen movies....which carried on into the 90's ie: The Donnas (Drive Me Crazy)and Letters to Cleo (10 things).

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malice performing "Crazy in the Night" in Vice Versa
and Judge shouting "These guys are radical"!

Vice Versa - Crazy in the Night scene

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home