iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Does anybody know what this show was called ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anybody know what this show was called ?
Born1984
Rewind Curious
Member # 87

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Born1984   Author's Homepage   Email Born1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I need to know if anyone rembers the name of this show that use to air on the USA Channel in the late 80's early 90's . I just rember it was like a horror cinemia type thing. When it started it was like a dark corritdor with twists and turns , as you turn tord cornors and stuff it had screen that had clips of horror movies like Halloween, jason etc . It kept doing that till it got to the screen that was going to show the movie . Does any body know what I'm talkin about ?
Posts: 9 | From: Ca, U.S.A | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
1984baby
Rewind Curious
Member # 2

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 1984baby   Author's Homepage   Email 1984baby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know but anyway what month where u born in? Cause i am a 1984 baby too?
Posts: 1 | From: Mooresville,NC,USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it have been Tales from the Crypt? Or MST 3000 (Mystery Science Theater 3000). I think both of my guesses are a long shot but maybe it will register something. :)
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born1984:

Let me guess your clues:

TV show with horror movies...cable-TV channel...late 80's/early 90's...long corridor...

Sounds like the opening of "Mystery Science Theater 3000", which made its debut in 1988 on a local UHF station in Minneapolis, Minnesota. A few years later, it was on the Comedy Central network, where it got a nationwide audience and name recognition. But they showed old movies while making fun of them at the same time.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
DeaditebyDawn
Senior Rewinder
Member # 140

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for DeaditebyDawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not MST3K.. I'm a huge MSTie and I know what he is talking about also (I'm a 1983 child), this was the opening to USA's "Friday Night Frights" (I think it was that, or some derivative of that).. as my parents and I used to watch this every week. It was not a show in itself, but rather the opening to a weekly showing of a horror film followed by an episode each of the hitchhiker and alfred hitchcock presents. I might be rusty on the title of the actual sequence itself, but regardless I know (and greatly miss) the sequence of which you speak..
Posts: 63 | From: Baltimore, MD (school)/ Huntington, WV (home) | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll throw one in the ring, ELVIRA used to have a show on USA's Up all night, called ELVIRA, Mistress of the Dark. The opening to that had clips of old horror flicks, and of course her with those huge, uh .....Teeth.

Hope I can help.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
DeaditebyDawn
Senior Rewinder
Member # 140

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for DeaditebyDawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was not the Elvira one.. (hehe.. even though this is not my topic); it was definitely during prime time.. I do recall the Elvira specials.. but those were only very occasional absences for Gilbert and Rhonda on USA
Posts: 63 | From: Baltimore, MD (school)/ Huntington, WV (home) | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USA UP (high pitch voice) all night! That was a great show.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Born1984
Rewind Curious
Member # 87

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Born1984   Author's Homepage   Email Born1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya ,
I know it had alfred Hitchcock in it ! Man why dont they bring back those specials at least for a day all those old shows on U.S.A were the best from the fright show to USA's up all night . I for one can't stand Nash Bridges it bites .

Posts: 9 | From: Ca, U.S.A | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
alisae
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 588

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for alisae   Email alisae   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. Would the show be called Amazing Stories? or is it Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home