iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 2 of my favorite 80's Christmas flicks.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2 of my favorite 80's Christmas flicks....
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hold these two flicks close to my heart.....maybe it's all the viewings on television as a child at Christmas time or the fact they are cheesefilled family flicks....I LOVE them.

1. The Night They Saved Christmas
 -
 -

Jacklyn Smith and they made an awesome North Pole! Saving the North Pole from Oil rigs....couldn't be better?

2. Smokey Mountain Christmas
 -

OMG how I love Dolly's big hair and the songs the songs.....the little kids and Lee Majors as a hunky mountain man.
"I'd love to spend Christmas with Santa this year...lots of joy and lots of cheer."

So both were made for tv movies so both haven't gotten DVD releases.......which is sad.....fortunately they still play to this day around Christmas time check the Hallmark channel for sure.....I own They Night they Saved Christmas but I still have no copy of Smokey.....it tears me up each year.....soon i'll cave and buy a used VHS i'm sure of it.....

any thoughts???
I'd love to hear you guys know these movies also?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen them but i know where to get The Night They Saved Christmas VHS tape
so i think i´m going to buy it.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG how I also love Dolly's big...... eeeh, hair [Roll Eyes]

No, seriously, I think I saw that Smokey Mountain flick once, though I don't remember much about it!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
OMG how I also love Dolly's big...... eeeh, hair [Roll Eyes]

Of Course!! it took a guy to say that....I wasn't even thinking that...hahaha

When I was a kid, my sister and I used to sing 'Islands in the Stream' stuff our shirts and make like we were singing about her you know "islands" fun times fun times....in all honesty Dolly really is a great songwriter.....and although Smokey is cheesy for sure there are some great songs in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV84jN17SvU

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen either of these and I pride myself on having watch pretty much most of the Christmas movies out there. Now I have to go search them out!
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have The Night They Saved Christmas on R2, things don't get anymore sugary than that haha [Big Grin]

[ 09. December 2010, 04:11: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santa's explanation there on how he gets around the world in one night--that he can slow down time at his convenience--was always the most likely to me how he did it. Both are nice holiday films that probably should get formal releases at some point soon.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I found that The Night was on R2 when I was searching for pictures for it. Pretty cool.

I'm not saying these two movies are by any means "awesome, can't miss movies" haha I just hold them so dear to me, from soooooooooooo many viewings as a child.

Atomik and Tiffany i'm interested to see what you say when you view them [Smile]

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, do you remember this one?

-

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smoky Mt. Christmas was on today---CMT, I think. I've never seen it, though I've always wanted to.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

For the past 11 years in a row, every year in my class we watch  -

Not to mention every year on any big snow storm I get the texts of "It's snowing, It's snowing, It's snowing!"

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are the coolest teach of all time, Devo. [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica and Devo now i'm all over trying to find those also!!

I was just reminded yesterday of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. We read the book in school and watched the movie from the 80's!

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if we are going down this path of 80's Christmas cheese .. we might as well add in:

-

It Came Upon the Midnight Clear (1984) with Mickey Rooney and Scott Grimes.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome Valley!!! Scott Grimes was so awesome then, he's in The Night They Saved also....I've seen Prancer and Pee Wee but I don't think i've seen this one........more suggestions people? [Smile]
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's early 90's, but another cheesy Xmas movie I like is "All I Want for Christmas." Stars Thora Birch and Ethan Embry...

-

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Awesome Valley!!! Scott Grimes was so awesome then, he's in The Night They Saved also....I've seen Prancer and Pee Wee but I don't think i've seen this one........more suggestions people? [Smile]
I know a girl who reminds me a me lot of young Scott Grimes. I think she's quite attractive... does that make me gay?

Here's a Christmas cracker; 'Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103305/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes it does logan.
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smoky Mountain Christmas is on CMT again this week. I think Wednesday.
Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Yes, yes it does logan.

Then I guess I'm gay. But, maybe I'm bi, because I always feel so funny when I see... BOOBIES!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Muffy, no The Night They Saved Christmas tape for aTomiK.
Someone paid some extra euros so i lost the bid [Frown]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dvd is only £3 on play Atomik http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/138851/The-Night-They-Saved-Christmas/Product.html?searchstring=ChristmasCrackers&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchfilters=s{ChristmasCrac kers}%2b&cpage=3&ob=4&urlrefer=search
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks helen, that´s pretty cheap!
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome! can't wait to see if you watch it Atomik [Smile]
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica, Prancer was on AMC last night and I vaguely remembered pieces of it.........but what a cute freaking movie that I feel I must own now! [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home