iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 1979 and before... » The Last 70's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Last 70's Horror Movie You Watched is
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thirst (1979)

This was an interesting and unique Australian horror thriller directed by Rod Hardy.
The movie stars Chantal Contouri, Shirley Cameron, Max Phipps, David Hemmings, Rod Mullinar, Henry Silva and Robert Thompson.

"The plot revolves around married professional Kate Davis (Contouri), who is kidnapped by a shadowy organization
known as 'The Brotherhood'. She is informed of her ancient lineage of descent from Báthory.
The Brotherhood have a hospital-like compound where they clinically 'bleed' brainwashed and hypnotised humans
and harvest and consume their blood. After Kate refuses to join, the cult give her hallucinogens
to break down her resistance." (Wikipedia)

Contouri is good and there are some truly brooding sequences where the cult try to break her resistance.
The score composed by Brian May was solid.

Thirst trailer

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
exorcist 2 the heretic

wasnt too bad till the end, then i dont know what the heck happened

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
linda blair was quite fetching in it though
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Toolbox Murders (1978)

Sick little video nasty directed by Dennis Donnelly [Smile]
Starring Cameron Mitchell, Pamelyn Ferdin, Wesley Eure, Nicolas Beauvy and Aneta Corsaut.

Pretty ladies, nasty kills and cool late 70s scenery.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And ofcourse Kelly Nichols !

I hope the fact that i know who that is, doesn't say too much about what i've been watching here. [Big Grin]

Having said that, check out Glitter (1983)!
It's worth it. Not only for Kelly Nichols, but also for the tragic Shauna Grant.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, Kelly Nichols was awesome and got a career based on this movie.
Never seen her XXX stuff though [Cool]

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burnt Offerings (1976)

It was just ok for me. It somewhat reminded me of The Shining, which I am not really a fan of.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are You In The House Alone (1978)

Not bad... Cool to see a young Dennis Quaid in it.

It's on netflix instant streaming. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Tentacles (1977)

This was a decent little horror flick inspired by the Jaws.
Tentacles was directed by Ovidio G. Assonitis and stars Bo Hopkins,
John Huston, Shelley Winters, Henry Fonda, Cesare Danova and Delia Boccardo.

I liked the cinematography but the film was too long, predictable and lacks blood and nudity [Wink]
One thing i didn´t guess was the killer whale vs. killer tentacle finale [Smile]

Tentacles trailer

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home