iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Ducktales

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ducktales
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any fans of this kickass animated show? i loved it since i was 6 when it first aired and hench my nickname was based on it.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're talking to its biggest fan here in Schuylkill County, PA; in fact, I would rate it as the greatest animated show ever created for television. Alan Young IS Scrooge, and delivers the character, even toned down somewhat for television, brilliantly. The writing was top notch, and still hold up well today ("Waiter, this soup came with a BILL!!! (for a beak transplant surgery that got loose) "What, did you think it was FREE!??")
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A sea monster ate my Ice Creeeeaam!"

"Ducktales" was a cool little cartoon. The theme song was a blast too.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh...the great old Disney afternoon days. That was a fun time. I loved coming home from school everyday and watching the great block of Disney Afternoon shows.

Yes, Ducktales would definitely top the list on my favorite of the bunch. Followed very closely by "Darkwing Duck" and then "Tale Spin"...so many great shows.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Ducktales was cute. I used to watch occasionally.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely a cute cartoon.. always found myself singing along to the theme song. My younger brother was a fan and would watch it with Tale Spin, Gummy Bears and Rescue Rangers! All shows are available on netflix to rent.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Yeah, Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers was great too..Shame on me for almost forgetting about that one. And what a catchy theme song. [Cool]

Come to think of it???..Which Show's Theme song WAS the catchiest?? I always liked them both very much, so it's a tough choice for me [Confused]

Duck Tales

VS.

Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers

[ 24. December 2011, 10:15: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved C&D at 8 and same for Talespin at 9 with Darkwing Duck at 10, Goof Troop at 11 and Gargoyles at 12.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home