iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » 80s Television » Best TV character ever (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Best TV character ever
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexis Carrington
Jack Tripper
Blair Warner

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Al Bundy

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
devo

let's rock

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KITT
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Package, thanks.

It takes a certain type of person to realize the greatness that is the Bundy's. Easily the most quoted TV show of my life.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favourite episode....Actually double episode is where they win the supermarket spree and have a face off with With Marcy and Jefferson....

Marcy: Hey wait a minute I was next in line!

Al: Whatta ya complaining about, you still are.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too many good ones for me to name a favorite.

velveeta annie, the notorious blue haired cheese bandit

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kid, don't you know that Gilles is the underworld name for cheese booster.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
in 30 seconds everyone will be as cool as i remember myself being back in high school
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed O'Neil, a fine, fine actor, was so brilliant as Al Bundy that you always wondered where Ed ended and Al began. Most actors play characters. Ed inhabited Al Bundy. Yet only a few of us, certainly not the Emmy voters, ever recognized what an indelible, iconic character he created.

What was one of his great soliliquies? Something like...
"I have a job selling shoes, a family that doesn't respect me, and car with a half a tank of gas--and payments. Yet every morning I don't stick a gun in my mouth. I'm not a loser."

[ 03. April 2012, 19:09: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
you talking about the one where he returned the little engine that could to the library after so many years?

that is one of my favorites as well

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!!! Classic.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i was talking to someone a while back about who was better on the show, steve rhoades or jefferson, i may have to side with steve, but i could see steve coming back later in the show and it still working even with jefferson there, actually would have made some great comedic situations, steve could have had the house on the other side of the bundys
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Even better. Steve could be doing chores for Marcy, like gardening, shopping and walking the dog
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
that would be funny, a character like steve doing that

could you see rhoades in no maam?

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
they did touch on that on the 200th episode, he was a chauffeur
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I actually taped a reunion thingy the other day but haven't watched it yet.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
they should come back and do a movie
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome, awesome show. that's for sure.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

One of my favorites.

Mmm mmm him. A lot of people think the name of that song is "go with him" but it's not!

Fantastic

We are DEVO

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorites growing up:
ralph kramden
archie bunker
henry and kip(hildegard and buffy)
sam malone
alex p keaton
david & maddie
al bundy
george costanza

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
final vinyl

cracked me up when everyone one else gave a very obsucure piece of the song to the clerk and he told them the exact title

but he never heard of bundy's

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
As a kid I really looked up to Hannibal Smith

now I think to myself, what was I thinking.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Package, milked any bulls lately?
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
only with the prosthetic hand
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home